Preemie in Chaperone

dneul

My cousin was able to take her baby home today. He was born at 34 weeks and weighed 4 pounds and 11 ounces. He lost some weight due to sucking issues and left the hospital today weighing 4 pounds and 12 ounces and 17.5 inches long :eek:. The preemie insert is in the seat. Unfortunately I live in Missouri and she lives in Alabama. I did the install in her car a few weeks ago (2 weeks before baby came at 34 weeks) and she said that it was snug...:rolleyes:.

He is just too cute. She said that when they left it was more snug because they removed belly pad and tighten it some. I can't wait for more pictures. I just thought I would share... :D This would be my first cousin once removed. :D:D

And just to keep stalling...:D:D:D:D:D

387528_2435220992267_1003950116_32223828_63393463_n.jpg

383239_2436317419677_1003950116_32224384_1301998927_n.jpg

ADS

tl01

He is tooooo adorable for words. Such a little baby!

I think something is off with the thigh portion of the harness. I think his legs are going through the harness and not under. Does that make sense?

canadiangie

I know the insert changes the harness geometry a bit, and I know it might just be me, but is the harness under his legs?! I see people doing this from time to time, which is why I'm asking.

dneul

I will message her and ask... I didn't even notice right away because of all the cuteness... :p

cookie123

He is SO cute.:)

I agree his legs are on top of the harness. Also, there needs to be a lot of snugging up of the harness. ;)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
My mom did that with my daughter... when she was bringing my daughter to me to nurse during my lunch break for my CPST class! I just about blew a gasket.

I can see how it would be an easy mistake to make with such a TINY baby! All those straps probably look wrong... all strap and no baby! But I was more than a little floored that my mom managed to strap my 10 month old in like that. (My son was buckling my daughter in each day when she brought the baby to me, and I'd buckle her in to send her back home, but that day my mom had made a stop and taken the baby out and couldn't figure out how to put her back in and my son wasn't with her to do it for her).

Anyway, the baby is ADORABLE.

henrietta

He's adorable.

It can be tough to get the tiny ones in a carseat properly. My first came home at just a smidge over 4 lbs (literally, less than 1 oz over, and I think the nurses fudged it so we could take him home!) and my second at 5.5 lbs or so.

congrats to your cousin!!!

Looks great! I noticed the harness issue right away too. Wow is he adorable! Brings back memories of taking my preemie home in the Companion. Loved the fit! He was the same size too.

lovemybabies924

Hope they can get the harness right!!!

And OMG so cute!!!!!!!!!! Mine is turning one soon , not fair!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC