Evenflo Secure Kid 300/400 Review by ModParent

StillThankful

http://www.modparent.com/evenflo-secure-kid.html

It's more of a general review.

I'm going to wait on Car-Seat.Org Blog's detailed review before I decide to purchase it for DH's car.

I would like to know if there is a recline feature at all. I know that it's built on the Maestro frame, but am not familiar with the features of that carseat.

DD1 has major head slump in any carseat/booster that is installed in a totally upright position.:(

ADS

Baylor

Since I am at the combination stage for life I will drooling over and playing with every option out there. Lol.

auto-correct on the loose..

MommyShannon

I love DD's booster fit in the nauti but hate the head slump. If this is a little narrower externally but comfy inside and no head slump, I'd consider it.

StillThankful

I don't see why any parent would choose this seat over the Nautilus though :confused:

I like that the Evenflo Secure Kid passes the Euro Side Impact Standards. Since my car does not have side impact airbags, that it a huge factor in my wanting to get this seat over something else.

mominabigtruck

I don't see why any parent would choose this seat over the Nautilus though :confused:

I am personally not a fan of the nautilus. I suppose it works for smaller kids and parents who go straight from a infant seat to it but none of my kids will fit in it when they are combo booster age. When ds3 was 4 I stuffed him in one at target and he had already outgrown the harness portion and now at newly 6 he doesn't fit at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member

I'm planning on getting one. The Nauti isn't even on my radar quite frankly. Well, except one cause of the absolutely adorable cover. And that is no reason to buy a seat. :ROTFLMAO:

gigi

firemomof3 said:

I chose a Maestro over a Nautilus because my kid thought it was more comfortable. I LOVE that it is also light, slim, and crazy easy to install. If this seat is those things as well as a good booster, I'd get one when my son outgrows his EFTA in 6 mos or so.

I personally am not a big fan of the Nautilus. Too bulky. Too heavy. And my kid didn't think it was comfortable.

mamakc

Will they not be making the maestro anymore? If not I'll be really sad! $80 for a good combo seat is awesome and I recommend it to everyone. Plus my DD loves the 'barbie seatbelts" (she sits her barbies in the open cupholders under the strap).

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I chose a Maestro over a Nautilus because my kid thought it was more comfortable. I LOVE that it is also light, slim, and crazy easy to install. If this seat is those things as well as a good booster, I'd get one when my son outgrows his EFTA in 6 mos or so.

I personally am not a big fan of the Nautilus. Too bulky. Too heavy. And my kid didn't think it was comfortable.

And MY kid thinks her nauti is the bomb diggity, and hates the maestro, and the nauti installs crazy easy in my car, and the maestro is *straight up incompatible*. On the other hand, my tiny son LOVES the maestro, and prefers it over the nauti although he likes the nauti also. it's all differences :)

cookie123

I got on an email list for the SecureKid 400 at kmart. They'll email me when it's available. I want this for narrowness, but thought I'd wait for the higher weight limit. DD#1 stole my Radian for their truck. My Bolero is expired in January, so I hope they hurry up.

tam_shops

Did anyone notice the red head rest adjustable *looking* thing that the Secure Kid has at the top of the seat (behind head rest)?

The Maestro doesn't have that, wondering if the head rest goes up higher for booster mode. really one of the big downfalls to the Maestro as a booster is it's outgrown in booster mode at the same time as harness...

I forget who asked if the Maestro had any kind of a recline and no it does not, not that I've noticed/used anyway! LOL The GN does and I've used and not used it, never noticed a difference in the head slump though...I think some kids just sleep in a way that their head slumps more/worse than others. Only time ds1 has had a head slump was when he was in a Chase or AOE (I think), in a friend's car. YDS on the other hand, has head slump issues in a RN RF 45 degree recline! LOL

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC