Do new MR covers work on original MRs?

Keeanh

Has anyone tried a new My Ride cover on an original My Ride? I'm wondering if these covers: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Ride-Convertible-Seat-Coda/dp/B005WHQKI2/ref=pd_cp_ba_1"]New seat[/ame]

work on these seats: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Ride-Convertible-Seat-Cuddle/dp/B003JT3OWU/ref=pd_cp_ba_1"]Old seat[/ame]

Thanks!!

ADS

canadiangie

Not a definitive answer, but maybe a clue, I have a Resa cover on my original MR.

Not sure if Resa is the same generation of MR as the one you linked.

Keeanh

Thanks Angie! I think the Resa cover is from the 2nd generation of My Rides. It was the same shell with a new infant insert. I'm trying to figure out if the shell changed on the LX model. And if it did, is it still close enough to work?

mkmama

Not sure how helpful this is...but USA Graco customer service told me I could not use a cover from the 'old' MyRides on one of the new MyRides that has side impact protection. Lady I spoke to was supposed to be getting me confirmation from the engineers, but I haven't heard anything back.

I'm not quite sure why, other than the obvious loss of the side impact protection (or gain of it) since the covers do fit and the shell looks the same.

tam_shops

Doesn't customer service always say that, legalities and all that.

Graco told me the SR 32 cover wouldn't fit on my SS1 and wasn't that the same seat!?

tam

Jessica61624

tam_shops said:
Doesn't customer service always say that, legalities and all that.

Graco told me the SR 32 cover wouldn't fit on my SS1 and wasn't that the same seat!?

tam

Yeah they told me a Sr35 cover wouldn't fit on my Sr32.

Keeanh

Not sure how helpful this is...but USA Graco customer service told me I could not use a cover from the 'old' MyRides on one of the new MyRides that has side impact protection. Lady I spoke to was supposed to be getting me confirmation from the engineers, but I haven't heard anything back.

I'm not quite sure why, other than the obvious loss of the side impact protection (or gain of it) since the covers do fit and the shell looks the same.

Oooo thanks! If the shells are the same that's perfect. Graco is all out of Mavo covers, so I had my eye on the new Coda cover.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Jessica61624 said:
Nope. SS/32/35 all exactly the same! Well except the weight limit of course.

For any Canadians reading, the new 2012 SR35s are not the same here. So a 2012 SR35 cover won't fit on any of the models prior to 2012, not will it fit on then same model U.S. seats. Vice versa as well.

And I think only the 35 is being made in Canada for 2012 and not the 32? Of course the 30 will be avilable here in January (and it's possible covers won't be compatible with U.S. model) and there's the 22 as well (and that may also be different for 2012).

We'll have to see if this stands true for the MR as well in Canada, but I don't think it's here yet sonwe can't see if there are any shell changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Keeanh

Thanks Techno. I'm looking at getting a new US cover for an old Canadian MR, so if THOSE shells are the same, that will work for me. I'm curious to see what the new Canadian MRs look like too. So far I'm not too thrilled with the look of the new seats with their bulky front ends. Interesting that Transport Canada decided to address rebound management, which I would assume throws another monkey wrench in the high RF weight testing, rather than make it easier to have high-weight RF seats. Do they know something we don't?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC