Spin Off - You know your CHILD is addicted to car seats when...

amy919

- they routinely look in other people's cars

- they actually KNOW what kind of seat they're riding in

- they brag about their seats to their friends

- when they're measure at the doctor's office, they ask the nurse if they are going to meausure them "sitting down". Yes - Kaylie has actually asked this!

Amy

ADS

Mama2J

- When they remind US to buckle up

- When they proudly say at school, "Babies ride backwards" amid confused stares (he's never seen a RF toddler)

- When they measure our torso height

jclaire

- When riding on a golf cart with PaPa they say "I don't feel safe. I need a 5pt harness"

- When strapped into a belt positioning booster they say "I don't feel safe. I need a 5pt harness"!

- They look into other peoples cars and critique their car seat usage (or lack there of)

- They brag to their friends about their car seats

- They actually know their torso measurement and weight...and the torso measurement and weight of their sibling!

DS is 5 (almost 6) and he's a car seat fanatic!

nisi

Senior Community Member
When your 2yo wanders over to the computer and says "Mommy, can we look at car seat pictures?"

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
Your 5y/o wants to ride rear facing because it's safer!

Your 7y/o is excited to be getting a new booster!

Your child can't wait to become a CPS Tech! (my oldest wants SO bad to help me at a check, but my instructor thinks it would intimidate parents!)

Your kids know how tight a seat has to be in and can help :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
When your kid demands her PreK teacher let her lead a lesson in teaching her classmates how to use boosters correctly.

When your PreK/Kindergartner asks to watch more crash test videos.

When your kid is impressed with & interested in the NHTSA workshop seminars.

JaRylan

When your kid demands her PreK teacher let her lead a lesson in teaching her classmates how to use boosters correctly.

When your PreK/Kindergartner asks to watch more crash test videos.

When your kid is impressed with & interested in the NHTSA workshop seminars.

Tiff - do you think maybe you enabled her addiction a wee bit by taking her to Lifesavers? LOL. I love that all of these kids are afflicted with the same healthy addiction as their parents - maybe it's hereditary or genetic?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My friend's daughter complained that her doll didn't have a REAL 5-point harness on her Joovy carseat. :) She is now using a real Graco Snugride to transport her dolls. :)

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
When one of their very first words is CARKEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that is how she said it, with a K sound) (DD2 at about a year)

When its a "treat" to go to the carseat aisle at Walmart ("if you are good, we will go look at the carseats when Mommy is done shopping") (started this at about 18 months)

When dd1 is excited about her new Airbooster (9yo)

When getting a new carseat cover is as good or better than a new toy - Please put it on NOW Mommy! (dd2 at 25 months)

When dd1 will stay home happily with Daddy or big brother if she knows Mommy is at a carseat check or Safekids meeting, but not most of the rest of the time. They usually just tell her that is where I am.

Fun topic!
Renee

Lara

When you walk into target, and the first thing your 3 yo says is "can we look at the carseats, just for a few minutes?" big puppy eyes and everything! I think she thought I'd say no.

You 3yo can buckle herself in, and that's ALL she tells people now! Random strangers even.

When she hit 33 lbs and had to ff, all she did was cry and scream because she knew rf was safer.

When the carseat is in the house, its hours of endless entertainment.

When said carseat needs to go back in the car, she sits in the back seat and watches me install it.

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
When one of your not-quite-2-year-old's most frequently used words is "buckle." :love:

And she insists on buckling up in everything - high chairs, shopping carts, and strollers. Not to mention insisting on buckling her own chest clip and refusing to move the doll's stroller until all buckles are fastened.

Dillipop

When you're looking at boosters and your 4 year old wants one so his 10 year old friend can ride in the car.

When your 4 year old tells you that his 10 year old friend shouldn't be sitting in the front seat of his moms car, because he's too little.

When your kid doesn't like boosters because they don't have seatbelts.

When your kid tells his grandfather - Put on your seatbelt- 5 times in a row until g-pa actually listens to him.

When your kids starts freaking out when you turn on the car to turn on the AC since he hasn't gotten his harness buckled yet and is afraid you might drive away before he's done.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Whenever your 5 year old DD sees or hears a UPS/FedEx delivery truck in the neighborhood, she immediately asks if a new carseat is coming today, lol. Or your toddler chats about "seatbelt buckle, be safe" whenever you buckle her into her carseat. :love:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
When your 5 year old asks to go play the carseat shuffle game... then continuously whines about not being able to face backwards "cuz it's soooo much funner". Seriously, I'm ready to turn my 27 mo old FFing, just to keep the 5 yr old quiet! :D ;)

beebear23

Senior Community Member
When you take a spare booster out of your truck and he starts yelling "BUT what will J ride in?????????"(J is his best friend who is 3 days older, 3" taller and 8 lbs heavier), even though J isn't even w/us and won't be for another 1/2 hour..

Okay, that sounded weird.. It was MIL's spare booster. I had to give it back to her. BF had a seat to use for her DS, J, if we went anywhere.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Tiff - do you think maybe you enabled her addiction a wee bit by taking her to Lifesavers? LOL. I love that all of these kids are afflicted with the same healthy addiction as their parents - maybe it's hereditary or genetic?

I have without a doubt fed her obsession since we share it with such affinity :ROTFLMAO:

Another one....

-- When your kid says "Pause the TiVo!" then goes up to the screen & points out every misuse error with 100% accuracy, I might add :2thumbsup:

(She really does need one of Rebekah's Future CPST shirts!)

Niea

And she insists on buckling up in everything - high chairs, shopping carts, and strollers. Not to mention insisting on buckling her own chest clip and refusing to move the doll's stroller until all buckles are fastened.

My 26 mos old is the same way! Most of the time she wants to buckle her own chest clip. And she buckles herself in wherever she is that has a buckle (her Stokke Kinderzeat, for example).

In fact, just 2 days ago we got in the car and it was really hot, so I decided to turn on the car to get the A/C going before buckling her in. She pitched a huge fit! When I asked her what was wrong, she said "buckle! buckle!". I got her buckled and she was happy again. That's my girl ;)

skipspin

When almost 4 yr old DD sits in the back and explains to a 7 yr old why she and her little brother have harnessed seats, why brother is RFing, and why the 7 yr old is using DDs RecaroYS as a booster, "because you're too big to fit in the safe buckles like I do."

Oh, and when she asked when she could sit in the front I told her when she was as big as mommy. She said, "okay, because I don't think my car seat would fit up there anyway!"

Splash

When your baby lunges at seats in the car seat aisle of the stores and makes you let him sit in them and buckle up.

When he repeatedly says "car seat please" when he wants to go somewhere.

When he climbs into every car seat he can find, regardless of its rightful owner.

When he points them out.

When he does this-

486383454_5bec711863.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC