ANOTHER Angle Adjuster thread... Prius

creideamh

And I don't have pics... sorry... I left my phone inside and now don't feel like getting pics :p I promise them later, though.

Ok, as much as I want to hate on Diono, I'm pretty thrilled with this foam block. The Prius cars with advanced airbags and the Radians FINALLY play nice together!! I have it installed in the centre right now which used to just barely touch the front seats, now not at all. Even if I had it outboard I wouldn't have to move the seats. :eek: WOOHOOOOOO!!!!

And random tidbit: With the Radian center (and with the block, no less), the Maxi-Cosi Rodi fits outboard :eek: SUPER INSANELY tight and it's a real challenge to buckle, BUT IT WORKS. The ONLY HBB I've been able to fit in a 3 across situation. :eek: :eek: (and yes, there's a headrest behind it.)

Just had to brag about my morning ;)

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Woohoo! I have a friend with Radians and a Prius... FFing for now but one will need to RF one the babe is out of his bucket. Thrilled that this is an option :)

As an aside, does the Rodi fit petite riders well?

creideamh

It does indeed. It's very similar to a TB, except with different armrests and the need for a vehicle head support. And it's narrower, I think.

cookie123

That's great news. I figured with my Pruis, the Radians were out of my life now. And there's much I like about them. The Radian. Well, there's much to like about the Pruis too! Anyway, thanks for the good news!

creideamh

Alrighty, some pics (these are all with the adjuster in, I didn't take any without)

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

KaiLing

Me too, me too! 2010 Prius, installed outboard behind passenger with seat belt, with 43 lbs wiggly bouncer of a kid, and I (5'9" shortish legs) can fit in the front, no touching! WOO-HOO!

I am seeing some more tipping, however. Not sure if that's just a trick of the angle adjuster making it higher so it's more noticeable? May switch to (super) LATCH, as it's technically allowed by Toyota to the limits of the seat I believe. But still, this makes visiting my parents so much easier. Phew!

creideamh

Yayyy!!!!

Mine does tip a little too... I figured it was just because I have it in the raised centre, but maybe not?? I do think I get an even more rock-solid install without the adjuster, so it probably does have something to do with how the Radian is now raised. I obviously can't use LATCH in that position and am not comfortable with their SuperLATCH anyhow so I suppose I'll stick with what I have. :)

honeydew

It doesn't block your view while in the center? I had mine RF center in my Corolla, but I couldn't see well when turning around to the right. (meaning, turning to check behind me before backing up, etc.) I put it passenger outboard instead.

Also, the slight tilt in the center drove me NUTS. I have it in with superLATCH now. No issues with it loosening so far.

KaiLing

It does impact my view center in the 1996 Honda Accord, but it let me take a 6'9" person out of the seat behind me, and holy cow did his ill positioned head impact the view more. Don't know if I will leave it center in the Accord, since it installed fine all braced outboard, but it lets both adults sit in the front, so we'll see.

I'm not wild about either super LATCH or tipping, but as choices go, Ill take it over a FF not yet 3 year old, for reals.

creideamh

Nope, not really. It's not a PERFECT view, but I'm also relatively tall so I can still see alright (and I have a backup camera so I really don't need to turn and look directly back, just to the sides.) I will take a little twisting/discomfort on my part to keep her in the centre. :) (and Kathleen, totally agree with your last sentence.)

mrosehughes

I love the radian with the adjuster in my 2007 prius, as well! Previously I could only install with latch on the passenger side, with that seat all the way forward. Now I've had it outboard with latch and the passenger seat moved back far enough to let 6' tall DH sit comfortably, and I just moved it center with the seatbelt. I'm getting tilting so I might try with a locking clip next, although the tilt isn't awful.

creideamh

I love the radian with the adjuster in my 2007 prius, as well! Previously I could only install with latch on the passenger side, with that seat all the way forward. Now I've had it outboard with latch and the passenger seat moved back far enough to let 6' tall DH sit comfortably, and I just moved it center with the seatbelt. I'm getting tilting so I might try with a locking clip next, although the tilt isn't awful.

I went out and swapped my XTSL for the R100 and since I was there, locked the belt with a locking clip instead of at the retractor. It does pretty much completely fix the tilting problem :) Took me 2 tries to get the clip set to where it was tight enough for me (complete with knee-in-seat and all), but I'm super super happy with it now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC