Angle adjuster in a Civic and Sienna (pic heavy)

Pixels

I know a lot of people have been wanting to see it in the Civic, so here goes. 2002 Honda Civic (same as 2001-2005) sedan.

My old default install. Outboard, passenger side, LATCH, forcefully braced against the front seat. Front seat is pushing the Radian more upright.
IMG_2315.jpg

Same as above, but without bracing.
IMG_2316.jpg

Passenger side seat is untouched, still not bracing. Driver's side I have added another Radian, also LATCH, with the angle adjuster. You can see the passenger's side Radian below the top of the driver's Radian
IMG_2317.jpg

And with the driver's seat all the way back. It is lightly touching right now, not even bracing, though that may change with the weight of a child.
IMG_2318.jpg

And for the Sienna, just because I could. Third row, passenger's side, LATCH. in the center is a MyRide, also LATCH.

Install without angle adjuster. Radian in the background. The second row captain's chair cannot be locked upright with the seat all the way back, unless it is braced forcefully. Actually I'm not sure if it can be done at all, it may pick the bottom of the Radian off the vehicle seat which is not allowed.
IMG_2311.jpg

With the angle adjuster.
IMG_2312.jpg

With angle adjuster. Second row seat not only locks upright with the seat all the way back, there are several inches of clearance between the seats.
IMG_2314.jpg

ETA: Post-use commentary and more Sienna pics in post 6.

Last edited:
ADS

Pixels

Oh, and the adjuster is definitely a bit wider than the base of the Radian, about an inch total (so half inch on each side) I'm guessing. Not good for those of us who needed it in the middle of a tight FF/RF/FF Radian three-across.

lilliput

Thanks for the Sienna pics! Can I ask if you've tried the RN in the captain's chairs with the adjuster? I was too indecisive to buy one the first go-around and am now waiting for them to appear again. :eek:

Thanks for the Sienna pics!! I am waiting on one to use in my dh's Sienna for yds and was hoping it would help our issue of over reclining. It looks like it will work perfectly. Now if it could hurry up and get here.

Pixels

I've actually used it with child in the Civic, and I'm impressed. I thought that the weight of the child would make it sink significantly, but I was still easily able to put the front seat all the way back.

DD doesn't seem to be a huge fan. She's content with the angle it's always been, just braced against the front seat. Having it so much more upright does substantially impact her leg room and also her space to get in and out by herself.

Now for center seat Sienna. Second row seats are all the way back. Center seat is five clicks since I installed with LATCH. Outboard seat is all the way upright. Front passenger seat is all the way upright and all the way back. Front driver seat is in my usual driving position (close to upright, definitely not all the way back). TrueFit in the background will be properly restrained before the vehicle goes anywhere, I just took it out of the center seat.

No angle adjuster.
IMG_2351.jpg

With angle adjuster.
IMG_2352.jpg

Just because I could: center seat in the forward position on the floor, then slid all the way forward on the track. Passenger's seat is still all the way upright and all the way back. They just kiss at the shoulder, they don't press.
IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

With the seat all the way forward and in the front position, there is about a mile behind that center seat in front of the third row, even with it reclined the five clicks. Of course I could have installed with seatbelt and left the seat back upright.

lilliput

Holy macaroni, what a difference that will make for us - January can't come soon enough. Thanks for those pics in the Sienna captain's chair!

NannyMom

Any chance you can use the Radian with adjuster 2nd row center for DD for awhile? I'm curious to see if the over reclining over time is helped with the adjuster :)

Pixels

Any chance you can use the Radian with adjuster 2nd row center for DD for awhile? I'm curious to see if the over reclining over time is helped with the adjuster :)

Hmm, I'll have to see if I can get her to ride there. She is obsessed with riding in the "way back."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC