another mini-mini van option from GM (in Canada only)

ADS

beetlemama

If it's possible (not necessarily easy, just possible) to fit 3 carseats across I'll be jealous that it's not available in the US! I really wanted a mazda5 until I learned that it's a 2-2-2 seating. We want 3 kids (currently have 2) and frequently travel and would need to be able to leave the backseats down in order to have storage and otherwise are in love with the concept of extra seats without driving a gratuitously large vehicle all the time.

NVMBR02

Hmmm, well, it's not a minivan to me unless it has sliding doors.

Sliding doors are the only reason I'd ever consider a van.

:yeahthat:

I am interested in seeing the C-max when it comes out, though I doubt we will wait that long before we buy our next vehicle.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What makes this a mini version of a minivan? I mean, don't they just call these things crossovers? I don't get it I guess. I've spent the last 3 years trying to convince my in-laws that I do NOT own a van, it's an SUV, it doesn't have sliding doors! And now vans without sliding doors are coming out so I'll have to listen to my in-laws telling me that not all vans have sliding doors and keep calling my MDX a van?? ARGH!

:ROTFLMAO:

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've been eyeing these from afar since I first heard of them a month or so ago. I'm afraid to look at one for fear of loving it over our new Rondo (which was recently featured on the News as one of the models who's gas mileage doesn't live up to its claims - we've noticed :rolleyes:) By specs, the Orlando seems to have that smidge more room I was looking for. :eek:

Last edited:

crunchierthanthou

What makes this a mini version of a minivan? I mean, don't they just call these things crossovers? I don't get it I guess. I've spent the last 3 years trying to convince my in-laws that I do NOT own a van, it's an SUV, it doesn't have sliding doors! And now vans without sliding doors are coming out so I'll have to listen to my in-laws telling me that not all vans have sliding doors and keep calling my MDX a van?? ARGH!

right. or a station wagon? Is it the seating configuration? but IMO, it's not a van without sliding doors.

Although, I've said before that my Mazda CX-9 is just a van without sliding doors, and with lousy 3rd row access. and man, I wish I had sliding doors. :p

chay

Yeah, I don't understand the naming differences either and one of the things I love the most about my Mazda 5 is the sliding doors. They may not look super sexy but they are so practical especially when buckling kids in the back.

Statistically speaking Canadians don't seem to have the same aversion to vans that Americans do which I think is the reason why you're seeing so many 6+ seaters coming out that don't have sliding doors (MUCH bigger market south of the border than up here). That's one of the things I find most puzzling about this one - it's only going to the Canadian market, I would have thought they'd put sliding doors on it. Then again there are lots of folks up here who hate vans as well so maybe they can tap into that market.

rxmommy

We used to drive a crossover (a Rendezvous, which doesn't resemble a van in any way if you ask me!) and my BILs told Brad it was his "man van." :ROTFLMAO:

Eresh

Mommyto2 said:
:yeahthat:

I am interested in seeing the C-max when it comes out, though I doubt we will wait that long before we buy our next vehicle.

Unfortunately the 7+1 C Max isn't coming to the US. They're only bringing a 5 seater hybrid. =\

lynsgirl

:ROTFLMAO: And to add to the pettiness, it drives me absolutely batty that my ILs refer to their Buick Rendezvous as a "van." It makes my ears bleed :p.

We used to drive a crossover (a Rendezvous, which doesn't resemble a van in any way if you ask me!) and my BILs told Brad it was his "man van." :ROTFLMAO:
ETA: :D I swear I didn't see this until after I'd already posted!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC