You know you are addicted to Car Seats when..............

ajnashmom

I will start...

When you are in your car at 2 in the morning playing with your new seat... and just for fun trying Middle bench, Third Row, Outboard... just for fun.

Last edited:
ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Have more carseats then you have children or vehicles to put them in. :whistle: I am not admitting to anything! :rolleyes:

oxeye

You have four perfectly good Britax seats for two kids but you are drooling over a Recaro just because. :eek:

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
When you....

Know the torso height of your child, but want to know their sitting height to compare to the Recaro measurements chart, so you go in and measure your child from shoulder to top of head & add it to their torso height while your child is sleeping :whistle:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
When your idea of "alone time" is spending an hour trying different seats in different positions of the car. Your DH knows this, and is used to discussions that consist of me explaining which carseat we need and why (and which cover choice, of course) while he nods and says "Uh huh, sure."

katiesmommy

When you hear a commerical start with "These are our seats right here" and immediatly look away from the computer where you were playing on a carseat board and think "Carseat?"

Or

When you decide you can't watch television at all anymore because of the misuse of carseats in commericals and televisions shows on the learning channel.

LeeLi

When your idea of a special day is driving out to BRU to check out the new Triumph even though you have no kids currently riding in your car.

JaRylan

When you....

Know the torso height of your child, but want to know their sitting height to compare to the Recaro measurements chart, so you go in and measure your child from shoulder to top of head & add it to their torso height while your child is sleeping :whistle:

All of these made me laugh but this one cracks me up!

When you...

Are tired beyond belief and you have to read just one more post on the car seat board.

Get all giddy when a person on a "normal" board (ie regional board, facebook, myspace...ummm, any non-carseat related board I guess) asks you a car seat question publicly.

When you are sitting in the movie theatre and the bad Midas commercial (the one that is better now) comes on and your friend says "Hey, did you know that there is no" and you finish her sentence "chest clip and the harness is loose" and she says "yes" and you say "A bunch of people emailed Midas and the new and correct commercial should be running next week." This person is my most car seat-like friend in real life and the kicker is that we were watching "Knocked Up" a movie with good carseat useage!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
When shopping for clothes, upholstered furniture or household linens, you think mostly about a particular fabric in terms of whether it might be a good material/color/pattern for a carseat manufacturer to use as a cover. ;)

jclaire

When you....

Wait...I'm not the only one who has done this?! :whistle:

When your friends call you from all the way across the country to ask if they need to restrain their dog when they leave on their road trip.

When your family cringes every time a car seat comes on tv because they know you're about to offer a full critique!

cdncasper

When you..

Walk into an department store and just so happen to have to walk past the carseats.

When walking past said carseats both girls pipe up with "April, Are we looking at carseats?"

Fiddle around with every carseat you can get your hands on.

Mama2J

- When you keep coming to this site even after your questions have been answered and you've bought your new seat

- When you go outside at 5am before child wakes up to install/reinstall said new seat

- When you are reluctant to look into or ride in other people's cars for fear of their seat usage (or non-usage)

- When you and your child take turns measuring each other's torso height

Michi

When your husband dreads going out in public with you because he knows your looking at other people's seats!

jclaire

When your husband dreads going out in public with you because he knows your looking at other people's seats!

Oh yeah, forgot about that one! My husband will see me peeking into cars as we walk through parking lots and as we sit next to people at traffic lights and say "Honey, just don't look. You know you'll get mad."

He's also become accustomed to riding along as I follow people through town and call the cops on them for having unrestrained infants in their car! :mad:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
When you have *13* perfectly good (really, fantastic) seats for 2 kids, but you're still drooling over the Recaro.

When the best birthday gift you recieved was a hard to find MA cover - from your boyfriend. (This was years ago, before he was dh.)

When you've convinced your best friend to call you before she seriously considers the purchase of any new vehicle... "hey, we're looking at a super deal on this Ford... backseat, no LATCH, 3 tethers, no headrests and 2 l/s, 1 lap only. Your thoughts?" And when you say it's a no go because of the lack of headrests, they move on.

When you find an excuse to mention carseats to anyone who looks to be expecting. And even work the SafeKids contact info into the convo.

:love:

amy919

When you go to buy a new car and look at the back seats before looking at the driver's features!

They thought I was crazy. Then they thought I was just plain insane when I pulled out the car seats to see how they installed. All before I even test drove the car:eek:. I had JUST bought my seats and wanted to make sure they worked. Seriously, is there anything wrong with that:shrug-shoulders:?

One sales person even asked if I was seriously going to decide on a $30K vehicle based on $100 car seats. Matt just looked at him and said "let her go. And I WISH they were $100 seats!". We didn't buy a car from him:p

Amy

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
You won't drive on field trips above 1st grade because of lack of booster usage. But find yourself scrambling when driving two 1st graders because both don't have boosters (we were good, FIL was going along so I "stole" his boosters and ruined one little boy's day - "I haven't rode in a car seat for YEA-EARS" - I told him too bad, he was in MY car :p)

Your dh gripes, but knows all the correct usage and how to install car seats and does for co-workers and brags to you (knowing, you'll be jealous!)

Above mentioned dh covers your eyes everytime a car seat comes on the TV!

While on a kidless vacation to HI you can't help but look in all the cars and decide you need to get a job with SafeKids there:whistle:

Mama2J

You won't drive on field trips above 1st grade because of lack of booster usage. But find yourself scrambling when driving two 1st graders because both don't have boosters (we were good, FIL was going along so I "stole" his boosters and ruined one little boy's day - "I haven't rode in a car seat for YEA-EARS" - I told him too bad, he was in MY car :p)

Oh forgot about field trips...

When you find yourself terribly nervous about your preschoolers first field trip, and question the school about how the kids will be restrained.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC