Need help! New 2012 Odyssey AND three across in 2010 Accord (In Canada)

soleil

Hi,

We bought a new 2012 Odyssey yesterday :cool!: and we should recieve it this week. I need car seats for my three sons and can't decide! The more I read, the more I get :dizzy:.

My husband also needs new seats for three across in his 2010 Accord.

In the Odyssey, we wish to put the two youngest in the second row (driver side and center?). Our 7yo will need to access the third row (by sliding forward the outboard seat of second row) without the middle car seat interfering.

DS1 (HBB) 7 years old, 23 kg, 127cm
DS2 (FF) 3 years and 10 months, 16kg, 102cm
DS3 (RF) 13 months, 11kg, 80cm

In our Civic 2005, the kids were using radian FF, radian RF and parkway SG (found this thight combo here !:2thumbsup:).

We have to buy all new seats because my mother will be taking the Civic and the seats. The only seat we already have for use is one Parkway SG.

I was looking at the Diono RXT, and maybe another Parkway... Money is not really an issue.

I'd love to hear any suggestions or advice. Thank you for your help.

Soleil

Last edited:
ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Are you in the US or Canada?

I would pull the configuration out of the Civic, put it in the Accord, and see how it is space-wise. You can put it right back in the Civic, but might as well start w what you have rather than order seats blindly, kwim?

As for the Odyssey, the works is your Oyster. :) You can put the spare Parkway in the 3rd row, and then choose a combination seat for the 3yo. The Evenflo Maestro, Graco Nautilus and Argos, Britax Frontier 85 and Recaro Prosport are most commonly suggested here.

If you like your Radians, I bet one of those in the center would give you the needed space to fold the outboard seat. :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Thanks, Carey. This post was in the main forum when I replied and the only indicator it might not be American was the metric measurement, lol. I knew that about Recaro, but not the Argos! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC