Signo for two extra pounds RF?

oxeye

Would you buy the Signo for two extra pounds RF with a child who gains weight really, really slowly? She'll be 4 in a couple months so it might be a little silly to spend that much money for two pounds. But it could easily take her a year or longer to gain those two pounds. Or maybe she is due for a weight spurt? Who knows.

What do you think? Would you do it if she were your child? I could probably sell one of the Marathons to make up some of the cost or I could keep the Marathon as a spare.

ADS

SPJ&E

If it were me, no...not for an almost 4 year old. While I absolutely am all for rear-facing for as long as possible, there's no way I would spend that much on a seat just to get 2 RF lbs. when she could have a growth spurt anytime.

If it were an almost 2 year old, I would absolutely do it and I'd consider it for an almost 3 year old. At almost 4 though (and already FF anyway), she really is fine FF as long as her seat is installed correctly and she's buckled correctly into it (which I'm sure she is).

Is she too tall to rear-face in the Scenera or are you just itching to get a new Recaro, lol?

lovinwaves

Would you buy the Signo for two extra pounds RF with a child who gains weight really, really slowly? She'll be 4 in a couple months so it might be a little silly to spend that much money for two pounds. But it could easily take her a year or longer to gain those two pounds. Or maybe she is due for a weight spurt? Who knows.

What do you think? Would you do it if she were your child? I could probably sell one of the Marathons to make up some of the cost or I could keep the Marathon as a spare.

I am actually thinking about selling my MA's to get the new Recaro's...:whistle: Because they are still so new, I know I could get good money for them.

I guess it depends on how much rear-facing means to you. For me it means ALOT, so to keep DD and DS rear-facing for those 2 extra pounds is something I am considering.

But, I would also not feel bad if you decided not to do it. Rear-facing for as long as you have is AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

oxeye

Is she too tall to rear-face in the Scenera or are you just itching to get a new Recaro, lol?

Definitely too tall for the Scenera. She has a long torso for her size (takes after me).

I am really wanting a Recaro to play with but it really might be kind of silly.

oxeye

I am actually thinking about selling my MA's to get the new Recaro's...:whistle: Because they are still so new, I know I could get good money for them.

The Marathon I could sell has a DOM of 10/31/06 - so still pretty new. If I sold it the Signo would probably be $100 extra dollars.

I'm also thinking about it because it has the higher harness than the Marathon. I'm not sure I'll want another Regent when she outgrows the MA so the Signo might be nice to have. I was going to wait until the MA is outgrown to get a bigger seat but I didn't think about the RF benefit before.

I have no idea what I should do. :(

hsjwmom

If I'm remembering correctly, your dd1 WANTS to go back to rfing, right? If your dh doesn't have a problem with it and spending the extra $100 or so isn't going to cause a financial hardship, I say go for it!

lovinwaves

I have no idea what I should do. :(

I know what you should do....Wait until I come back with a full review of the COMO in a few weeks :D

DD's new Marathon is well..um..new...so I know I could get a lot of money for it.

DH is jumping up and down about getting a Recaro, so that helps LOL!! :)

oxeye

If I'm remembering correctly, your dd1 WANTS to go back to rfing, right? If your dh doesn't have a problem with it and spending the extra $100 or so isn't going to cause a financial hardship, I say go for it!

Yes, she loves being RF. On our long car trip she asked to ride RF but she was too heavy so I stuck her in the Regent and she complained about her legs not being comfortable for the last hour and half of the 4 hour drive. :(

DH rolled his eyes at me but he knows how important this car seat stuff is to me so I know he'd be okay with it.

I need to make sure the Regent will fit in DH's car first, though. I'd want her RF in my car since she rides in it 75% of the time. If the Regent doesn't fit is his car there really isn't much point in it.

oxeye

I know what you should do....Wait until I come back with a full review of the COMO in a few weeks :D

Oooh, I think I will definitely wait for that. :) When is the Signo due to come out again?

I still don't know if I will do it or not. I feel about 50-50 on it.

natysr

because you have another DD that you could pass it down to, I would do it. Especially since your DD1 wants to be RF.

Then once it gets passed down, I'd find the cheapest marathon cover possible, put in on the MA, sell that seat, then sell the pretty MA cover for some extra $$.

oxeye

because you have another DD that you could pass it down to, I would do it. Especially since your DD1 wants to be RF.

Then once it gets passed down, I'd find the cheapest marathon cover possible, put in on the MA, sell that seat, then sell the pretty MA cover for some extra $$.

Your siggy just reminded me that I still have the crocodile cover that came on a replacement seat to sell. If I sold the Marathon and that cover it would almost completely make up for the cost.

I really, really wish Recaro had some cuter covers but I need to just get over that. I love my Ashley covers. :(

BTW - where in northern CA are you? I have family in the bay area that I visit quite a bit. :) You don't have to say if you are uncomfortable telling, I'm just curious.

natysr

Your siggy just reminded me that I still have the crocodile cover that came on a replacement seat to sell. If I sold the Marathon and that cover it would almost completely make up for the cost.

I really, really wish Recaro had some cuter covers but I need to just get over that. I love my Ashley covers. :(

BTW - where in northern CA are you? I have family in the bay area that I visit quite a bit. :) You don't have to say if you are uncomfortable telling, I'm just curious.

I think the pink and grey is really cute! I'm not really a girly girl though, so I tend to think alot of girly seats are over the top. I guess It's good I have a boy.

I know it is tough to give up a cover you love though.

natysr

Sorry, didn't read the last line of your post.

I don't mind saying where I'm from.

I work in downtown San Jose. We used to live in an apartment in San Jose, but we FINALLY were able to buy our first house last year. We ended up buying in the central valley, so I live in the Turlock area.

Yes, we commute every day. We all carpool together.

oxeye

Sorry, didn't read the last line of your post.

I don't mind saying where I'm from.

I work in downtown San Jose. We used to live in an apartment in San Jose, but we FINALLY were able to buy our first house last year. We ended up buying in the central valley, so I live in the Turlock area.

Yes, we commute every day. We all carpool together.

Cool! I grew up very close to San Jose and my parents still live there. :) Maybe I'll PM you the next time I take a trip down there and we could get together. My dad works in San Jose (just across the street from the airport).

That's a long commute - but worth it to have your own house. My sister and her DH rent there because it's too ridiculously expensive to buy a house.

natysr

Cool! I grew up very close to San Jose and my parents still live there. :) Maybe I'll PM you the next time I take a trip down there and we could get together. My dad works in San Jose (just across the street from the airport).

That's a long commute - but worth it to have your own house. My sister and her DH rent there because it's too ridiculously expensive to buy a house.

Cool!

Have you taken your girls to the Children's Discovery Museum? Jordan loves it!

My husband works across from the Airport too...off De La Cruz.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC