Question cpst class....

Jessica61624

Anyone take the class while pregnant? I'm hoping to do it in Spring and Ill be 25+ weeks. I'd really like to do it before I have another nursing baby.

ADS

jjordan

I didn't take the class when pg, but did do some checks very late in pregnancy. I don't see why being 25-ish weeks would be an issue at all, unless you were on bed rest. :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You'll be fine at 25 weeks pregnant. They'll have you work, and take good care of you (assuming you'd have Denise, Sue, Allana, Jen, etc. as instructors). I did checks here until I think I was about 32 weeks. The one after that was 36 weeks, and that was too much for a four hour check. It's a lot more physical than you might think if you're busy, and so being pregnant made me sore for days. Not a worry for the baby, just achy. But at 25 weeks, go ahead!

Wendy

KaiLing

There's a lot of classroom work and a few written tests. I think our whole first day was inside. It depends on how the teacher splits it up, but in general you do part of a unit in the classroom, go outside and do some hands on skills, come back in and do some testing... The event on the last day might be tiring, but I doubt we're talking more than 4 hours on your feet even on that last day. For me, having had an entirely normal by the books pregnancy it would have been no problem.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I didn't take the class while pregnant but I did check events all through my last pregnancy (including one on my due date) and I think you just have to go with how you feel. If you feel up to some strenuous activity in all types of weather then go for it! Most of the class is fairly light physical work but skills day can be rough and if you have a really hot day - it can be downright brutal. You need to be able to do 5 installs, usually in a row. Of course you're allowed to take a short breather in between if you need to. If you're already a semi-pro at installs then it shouldn't be too difficult, especially if it's a time of year with generally nice weather.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I did the course while 36 weeks pregnant, and a clinic at 37 weeks. At the clinic I didn't do any RF convertibles, for obvious reasons. No problem for me, although I wore the same comfy pants the whole weekend and brought a yoga ball to sit on, just in case the chairs sucked (which they did not!).

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I did it at 4 weeks postpartum with no problem... just pumped at lunch and on breaks ... :) You will be fine! :)

Jessica61624

That's all good to hear! I work retail so being on my feet isn't that big of a deal. Hopefully there is a class close by in spring!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
25 weeks shouldn't be hard at all, good luck :) I guess i technically was pregnant whe i took the class...about a week LOL. I got my BFP after day 2 of the class, which was like 11 dpo for me :)

JerseyGirl'sMama

I was six months pregnant during my class and I didn't have any problems. The perks were that I didn't have to lug carseats in and out of the class when we went outside to do our hands on tests.

CrazyBoysMamma

I don't think it would be a problem as long as the weather is decent. I wasn't pregnant during my course, but I know without a doubt I couldn't have done it pregnant. That's only because it was five bazillion degrees out, typical CA central valley summer crap. I got super dehydrated and I wasn't even pumping. If you're used to being up and on your feet and installing seats you should do great. You'll be a little sore after.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC