Got my angle adjuster!

leighi123

Pics:

Before: This is after being installed for several days, it was a bit more upright before, its around 45*. Defiantly reclines more over time, its easy to tell b/c the tether gains slack
100_2297.jpg

After:
100_2298.jpg

Space between carseat and front seat (drivers), it was touching before when freshly installed, and pushing on the seat (not quite bracing) after being installed for a few days.
100_2300.jpg

Both before and after, its in there rock solid. With the angle adjuster I noticed that it tips to the side a little bit, the side the tether is on (its not tight). I need to play with it to see if I can fix that, it bugs me even though its very minor.

ETA: This is in a 2010 Honda Accura

I got my angle adjuster in the mail today, I haven't tried it yet, my mom has the car until late tonight, so pics tomorrow.

1. it smells REALLY bad, like nasty strong chemical/plastic (Levi is super sensitive to plastics, so I can't let him touch it, and I put it outside to air out) :(

2. mine says "do not use with a child who is less than 1 year AND/OR does not have complete head control" So it sounds like its fine to use for a child under 1 if they have head control, which is nice (not 1yr minimum)

3. Levi answered the doorbell for it it and said "hey mom, your big chunk of foam is here!"

Last edited:
ADS

honeydew

I noticed the smell first thing after unwrapping it, but it's been in my car almost 24 hours now and there's no strange odor. I think it just needs to be out of the plastic for a bit.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I emailed Allana Pinkerton at Diono last night and she said that she was looking for the head control wording, but the powers that be decided it should say one year. So there's not a huge safety risk under a year, just make sure your baby can sit that upright (shows how used to a VERY reclined seat Diono is. All other carseats, and even their seat in some cars, has been that upright well before a year).

Wendy

leighi123

Updated with pics!

It still smells awful, I had the car closed up with it in there overnight and when I opened the door the whole car smelled like chemicals. We haven't really been in the car much, I just drive with the windows down, it really bothers me. Is it supposed to stink that bad??? I was expecting the stink to go away pretty quickly but it hasn't at all yet! I don't like Levi being close to that nasty chemical stuff.

Its a lot more upright, there is a good 6" between the carseat and the front seat, where it was touching hard before. Levi says he can see out the windows better too. It gives me less visibility looking out my back window though (I'm short!), all I can see of Levi is a tuft of his hair! His head is right at the "sunshine kids" text under the logo. (and his hair a good 3-4" above his actual head!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC