Are E-Z-On vests safe?

MaKoski

I am looking into getting an E-Z-On vest and floor mount harness for my almost 4yr 10mo old who has FAS and keeps unbuckeling herself. I am wondering if this is a safe option for her? She is in the middle row of my 98 dodge durango, right now she sits behind the drivers seat.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That is an absolutely appropriate solution, in fact the one that most techs trained in transporting kids with special medical needs would recommend if your child unbuckles a 5-point harness. :) You'll need to make sure that she has head support behind her from the vehicle seat, but other than that, that's exactly the safest way for her to travel without being able to unbuckle. You'll want to call and talk to Ez-On before buying; they can talk you through figuring out sizing, what will work in your vehicle as far as installing the floor mount, etc. :)

MaKoski

Thanks, I called a supplier for E-Z-On and he said for the floor mounted harness system and the vest it would only cost $99.60... That is cheaper than any of our carseats we've bought.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep; since they are basically webbing, some tags, instructions, and some bolts and small pieces of metal, no shell, cover, or other components, they are much cheaper to produce, and therefore sell, than conventional car seats. :)

AustinMusic

We have used the E-Z-On 103Z Vest in the past and currently use the 203 Vest from time to time. They are very safe and easy to use. They have the added advantage of taking up no more space than the wearer so space for others is often more so than if a "physical" car seat is used. If you have a second vehicle then you might want to buy a second floor mount as this makes the vest instantly portable from car to car.

If you require any other information on the vests, I'd be happy to try to help.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC