nobetterdeal

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I just scored a leappad explorer tablet. I think I'm going to faint. holding my breath for a ship conf. in the next few days. Then I'll pass out for sure.

rxmommy

The KF30 is already gone. :(:( It's still awfully early for me to buy a seat but if I get my own then my sister can keep our KF!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
That Evenflo Tribute for cheaper than a Scenera is bugging me. I have NO need for it. None. But I had a really vivid dream last night that someone dropped a newborn off at my house to be babysat with nothing but the type of carrier you put a toddler in on the back of a bicycle and I was trying to find an affordable car seat to send home with the child... LOL... so now I have it in the back of my head that I really NEED an inexpensive convertible that fits new babies well. :p

rxmommy

That Evenflo Tribute for cheaper than a Scenera is bugging me. I have NO need for it. None. But I had a really vivid dream last night that someone dropped a newborn off at my house to be babysat with nothing but the type of carrier you put a toddler in on the back of a bicycle and I was trying to find an affordable car seat to send home with the child... LOL... so now I have it in the back of my head that I really NEED an inexpensive convertible that fits new babies well. :p

I think that's probably a very clear sign that you should buy it. ;)

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Brigala said:

Lol. That made me giggle. Using a bicycle seat in the car. I haven't seen that yet.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Yeah, and in my dream when they came back by to pick up the baby I noticed their toddler was riding in the type of booster seat you normally use at the kitchen table!!

Like I said, it was a really vivid dream.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
After the last thread, I was wondering what kind of company this is, since they seem to have very erratic stock on items and otherwise refer you to other websites like Amazon third party sellers.

They appear to be a warehouse/distribution provider, http://www.genco.com/Genco-Supply-Chain-Solutions.php . I wonder if the stuff they stock is new returns, unallocated stock, etc. They also appear to do surplus and salvage.

http://www.bbb.org/pittsburgh/busin.../genco-marketplace-in-pittsburgh-pa-12006497/

christineka

After the last thread, I was wondering what kind of company this is, since they seem to have very erratic stock on items and otherwise refer you to other websites like Amazon third party sellers.

They appear to be a warehouse/distribution provider, http://www.genco.com/Genco-Supply-Chain-Solutions.php . I wonder if the stuff they stock is new returns, unallocated stock, etc. They also appear to do surplus and salvage.

http://www.bbb.org/pittsburgh/busin.../genco-marketplace-in-pittsburgh-pa-12006497/

I know I've received a seat that was not a new return. It was an amazon return and obviously used before returned. I'd be wary of "as-is" items.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Most of the stuff they have is brand new, damaged box or open box stuff. Some things are "used returns" and those are marked as-is on the website. I avoid buying car seats marked as-is, although some people have reported getting car seats that still have all the registration cards and things attached as they came from the factory.

So far I've bought two car seats (a coccoro and a turbobooster) and a high chair on NBD and all of them have come as described, in the box, brand new, unused. The CCO had a DOM of July 2011, I think.

They have good customer service and I've only heard good things about people who have received items that they weren't satisfied with.

crunchierthanthou

As far as I can tell, they buy Amazon's open box returns at auction. The boxes have auction stickers on them, and you can see where previous shipping labels have been removed. I've bought both "open box" and "damaged box" from them, and the seats inside generally have the registration cards and plastic. Some appear to have not actually been opened. There was the one time where Nannymom got my registration card in her box (odd that we figured it out), but the seats otherwise show no signs of wear. I've bought some other baby gear type things, too- strollers, swings, bouncers... all appear to be unused.

sunnydayz

I recently purchased a bouncer seat advertised as "New Damaged Box". When we opened the box it was quite apparent the item was not new. There was a return shipping notice from Amazon with someone else's name. The seat had stains on it and was obviously used (though the tags were attached or "re-attached" as I assume). There were also parts of the seat that were not functioning properly. It was a great deal, but the bouncer was in no better shape than a typical garage sale find. I would not purchase from them again as I don't trust their labeling of "New".

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Sunnydayz - Did you try contacting them? They would probably take it back if it was sold as "new" but came as used.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I just scored a leappad explorer tablet. I think I'm going to faint. holding my breath for a ship conf. in the next few days. Then I'll pass out for sure.

a leappad, or a leapster explorer? They are different.
The leappad is the new ipad knockoff deal that is like a tablet. The leapster explorer is a handheld gameboy-type game.

sfaqt18

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC