disgusted by britax ebay purchase!

sb518

Disgusted WITH***

So I bought a NIB boulevard off of ebay (trying to save myself some $) well I got the seat today, and there is hole punched in the box,

101_2808.jpg

and the bag is ripped open, and the card to register the product is ripped off, so I look at the box and they cut out all of the serial number and everything!

101_2807.jpg

DOM is 04/26/2007 which is fine but I'm upset they would make it this hard to register the seat. Now I wish I would have spent the extra $30 to buy from a real britax dealer!!

:thumbsdown: Don't go the ebay route! :thumbsdown:

Ahh well, here's a picture of a doll (the size of a 6lb 19in newborn) in the seat
101_2774.jpg
The straps don't go low enough... so I can't imagine this seat working for a 5lb RF'ing newborn.

21" doll
101_2777.jpg

She plays with hers while I play with mine :p
101_2794.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

ThreeBeans

Ahh, I wish you had posted this before you bought it :( Never, ever buy a seat from a non-authorized dealer.

In short, don't use the seat. It was probably damaged and then stolen. I wouldn't put my child in it, period.

Maybe you could make some of your money back by selling the cover?

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
You can also just register your seat online. The Restraint Model Number, Restraint Serial Number, Manufacture Date, and Batch Number should all be on the stickers on your seat. I *think* that seat has the sticker under the front, right hand corner of the cover, but I could be wrong.

The fit with the newborn (6 lb) doll isn't too bad, really. I figured it would be a lot worse for a wee, little one. I've seen infant seats that fit babies worse than that. A lot worse than that!

sb518

I found the sticker with all the registration info (Thanks for pointing that out!) and registered it online. The box had the original packing tape and packing material, and the more I look at the box I wonder if they just cut out the section with the info of where the car seat was originally shipped to... I just wonder why they would punch a hole in the box just to take out the registration card??? The seller I purchased from has sold a ton of britax seats (all with positive feedback), and currently has a lot listed so I thought they would be decent.

amyg530

ok where and how much was the toy carseat? i already wanted to buy DS a baby doll to help him understand that mommy is having a baby and i should get him a carseat too so he can start learning.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I would still use the seat. Britax boxes often times have large holes like that in them. I don't think I have ever received a Britax seat that came in a box in good condition. I am glad you figured out how to register it! Now enjoy your new seat...it is beautiful!

Wineaux

If there was a mail-in rebate from Britax that required the S/N and UPC from the box, then that's where they went. It's also possible it was for the BabyTV rebate deal. That's almost always the reason that you will find NIB items without UPC's being sold on eBay. Someone bought it cheap, sent in the rebate, and is now making a profit by selling it on eBay.

Connor's Mom

I will always buy my seats from authorized because then I know that I have some re-course if there is something wrong with it.
I do have a question though. I know that Britax states that the warranty is void if you purchase the seat from an authorized dealer. But, I want to know how Britax knows where you bought it. Anybody know? Is it traced through serial or batch numbers?

cheerbop

I would be interested to know that also........

And, regarding the Babytv rebate, I guess that is possible. I just got my rebate today and we had to send in the invoice confirmation that came via email with the sheet printed from Babytv's website, we did not need anything from the seat or the box at all. Maybe it was for a different rebate? hmmm...I wonder why her box was like that? I guess it could have been the placement of a previous shipping sticker or something. Kind of odd, esp becasue it is the upc # and DOM on the box:confused:

Still a gorgeous seat, though! If I had a girl, I would be all over that seat!

sb518

Oh good! It looks like they were just after the UPC when they cut the box, the sticker on the side had everything I needed to register it so I'm just going to go ahead and use the seat but not take anymore chances with ebay seats. I feel bad I left the guy negative feedback and then left a followup saying sorry :whistle:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I would still use the seat. Britax boxes often times have large holes like that in them. I don't think I have ever received a Britax seat that came in a box in good condition. I am glad you figured out how to register it! Now enjoy your new seat...it is beautiful!

Yep, My Regent I bought last April from Baby Wise was tore up looking.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

One of our Britax seats had a rip in the box too, right where the hole opening is to pick it up. I think that the ups people grap those holes to pick them up and jar them and the box ends up ripped. I still saved the box even though it had the minor tear. All of our upc stickers were ok and the tags and registration cards present. I'd use the seat too.

southpawboston

I just wonder why they would punch a hole in the box just to take out the registration card??? The seller I purchased from has sold a ton of britax seats (all with positive feedback), and currently has a lot listed so I thought they would be decent.

holes get punched in boxes all the time... sometimes just from handling. are you sure it was punched just to get the card out? it seems too small for that, it would be easier just to open the box and re-seal it.

i bought a britax stroller once from an unauthorized dealer, and when it broke, britax CS didn't even ask to see a receipt. they just wanted the serial # to send me the RMA.

lynsgirl

:yeahthat:

And you should see what a shipped Regent box looks like! :eek: I've seen three now and none of them look very pretty (the boxes, not the seats) :whistle:

pawsnfur

So what is this BabyTV rebate you guys are talking about? I REALLY want the Britax Boulevard in the Shannon print, and considered getting it from ebay, but figured if I REALLY worked my babies'r'us coupons when it is available there, I could save about $25-$30 dollars, but honestly, I need to save more. I don't "need" it right away, but it is so cute!!! Chances are my DD ( 17 mo) will graduate out of her Marathon about the time my 6 yr old graduates out of his Regent...plain...brown...yeck!!!!

-Apryl

waterbaby

Bummer deal that it was so messed up... but the seat looks beautiful and makes me want a Shannon Boulevard!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC