Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

what would you do?

Ds3 ia rf in a mr. He is 3y10mo. Every year we do a drive thru christmas lights. Last year I kept him rf and a couple times he complained cause he couldnt see. I'm thinking of turning him for the light ride. Thoughts?
    Ethan (6*13*2000) 5 stepping big kid, Toryn (6*18*04) graco turbobooster, Julian (2*8*08) ERF in a MR, Jaxson, due 5*11*2012 seat undecided

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Re: what would you do?

I wouldn't even hesitate to turn a nearly 4YO forward-facing for a Christmas light display.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

4. Thank You from:

I would turn without hesitation.

At his age I wouldn't hesitate to turn him.
    Casie, CPST Proud mom to Violet, 4 and Dylan, 1.

Thanks ladies! I felt so guilty!
    Ethan (6*13*2000) 5 stepping big kid, Toryn (6*18*04) graco turbobooster, Julian (2*8*08) ERF in a MR, Jaxson, due 5*11*2012 seat undecided

I wouldn't have a problem turning him, but wonder if he's *actually* going to see any better. Unless he's going FF middle and can see out the front. Either way, might not be a bad idea to try it out before the big night, it'd be a shame to turn him and discover he could see less.

A friend just bought a new car and one of her *requirements* was that the windows be below a certain height b/c her ODS constantly complains that he can not see in his GPs car (same as mine) and she came up w/ a joking theory that one of the reasons my guys prefer ERF is b/c they can't see out my side windows (Toyota Matrix the windows really are high) that they at least could see out the back. And, since they'd *know* the difference, they wouldn't even know to complain that they couldn't see! LOL

tam

Senior Community Member lovemybabybug's Avatar

I wouldn't think twice about it. I was thinking about doing the same but my dd is only 25 months. I thinking I will have both the MR and the Scenera in the car, so she can take the drive RF in the MR and when get to the place I will put her FF in the Scenera. The lights are in a closed course, so no crazy cars speeding or anything.
    My Baby Cakes
    6y 10 m - 46.5 inches, 42 lbs
    FF XTSL/Pioneer/Nautilus

www.facebook.com/pollywallphotography

What do you drive and will he be able to see better?
    Last year DD2 wanted to be RF so she could the lights better in DH's civic. With the rear windshield she got a better view than anyone else. This works in minivan's and sedans if the seat sits up high enough (MR in my van, RN in DH's civic, in this case).
    I have no problems with FF at his age, at all. Just wondering if he'll actually see
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

I'm thinking of installing one of my seats FF in the front seat just for 3y 9m son to see the holiday lights.
    CPS Technician
    Mommy to 2 angels in Heaven and 1 on Earth

Levi could see the lights just fine last year in his XTSL installed in the center of our honda.
    Mama to my awesome environmentalist kid Levi! (google him if you'd like!)
    7-13-07, 55", 62lbs
    Rearfaced to 8yrs, 9months (is now 10) Still boostered!
    CPST as of 6/19/08!