Car seat mania. Blah blah blah

Baylor

We just spent a great weekend in Hershey. Of course for me this meant making sure everyone was as safe as possible while driving at night on the pa turnpike and windy country roads.

So I moved the kids seats both to middle row checked installs made sure to put them both in and check harness/belts myself.

When we got there and added my parents to the van mix I moved seats again and checked everyone not driving anywhere until I knew everyone was correctly restrained.

It is getting better but I still get the " is this all really necessary" comments time to time from dh and my dad. My mom was a trauma nurse so she makes no comments. She knows what can happen.

I just pull up the pics of KQ and Chelys wrecks and all talking stops.

Thanks for everything guys!

auto-correct on the loose..

ADS

Kegracin

Baylor I feel your pain...my mom and sister (BIL) are always giving me a hard time. You should have seen how I found my niece this weekend...I fixed her seat before she left and got the rolled eyes from my mom and sister.

Baylor

Kegracin said:
Baylor I feel your pain...my mom and sister (BIL) are always giving me a hard time. You should have seen how I found my niece this weekend...I fixed her seat before she left and got the rolled eyes from my mom and sister.

You would think we were giving kids something bad for them. I just don't know why you would. It want to be as sure as possible your kids were as safe as you could make them.

monstah

I'm impressed you pull up pictures!

No one in my family is brave enough to cross me when it comes to car seats. Rofl!

Mom2three

Everyone just rolls their eyes at me...they don't say anything to me anymore. Especially when I went ape sh!t on my XMIL (before she was an XMIL) after finding out she drove my daughter home in just a seatbelt.

momtoo3

My family and especially dh's family think I'm nuts. My sister is starting to "get it" though. She has all her daycare kids over 1 ff since that is what their parents do but the seats are now independently tight and tethered. It is an improvement over what she was doing 6 months ago.

Baylor

That is KQs wrecked van.

I have to do some searching in my Facebook for Chelys pics

Last edited:

Brianna

My family gives me a hard time too... And at first when I told my grandma to put on her seat belt in the back seat (not required by law in NYS) she thought I was joking. I told her that I wasn't pulling out of the driveway until she did- she still thought I was joking :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC