Question Rumi?

lourdes

I am helping a mother to choose a car seat for her 4 y/o ho weight 47 pounds, she was going to buy a Nautilus but know she wants a Complete Air because she likes the air cushions, she also likes the Rumi but I have read here that the Rumi is not recomended, some people don't like here, so what's wrong about the Rumi? What are the complains?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's extremely un-roomy...The crotch strap is super close-in. And I think there's a bizarre requirement to install it super reclined in harness mode, so your kids knees are up against the front seatback. Also, it makes a pretty decent booster for smaller kids, but once the harness is out, it can't be put back (Or maybe it can, I've only spent a couple hours trying at work on and off, I haven't got down on the floor with it with any real concentration time...at any rate, it's not simple!)

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Isn't the max harness height low as well?

ETA: I went and checked and the Max harness height is 16.5". The Britax convertibles go heigher than that.

Pixels

The cover is non-removable, so if your kid pukes or has an accident in the seat, it's done. And it does require installation in harness mode at a huge recline, which makes the seat take up tons of room front to back. Without a kid, the seat took up as much room as a Radian (RFing) in my car. Add a kid, with, you know, legs, and my car was completely undriveable.

In booster mode there is no mandatory recline angle, but if you're looking for booster mode only then I wouldn't get this seat anyway.

I think it might be average or below-average harness height and top booster position, too, but I'm not sure about that. At any rate, it wasn't exceptionally high.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
The harness height is really low. Our 4y dd would not fit.

Its also a waste to buy a convertible if you are not rf.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yup, what everyone else said. I can't get over that bizarre recline requirement.

Pippi, the Rumi is a combo seat, not a convertible :)

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Carrie_R said:
Yup, what everyone else said. I can't get over that bizarre recline requirement.

Pippi, the Rumi is a combo seat, not a convertible :)

I mean the complete air. Because she is thinking about that seat too.

BabyKaykes

HERE is what is wrong with the Rumi...in pictures.

Not sure I'd get a convertible for a 4yo unless they had a TON of grow room.

lourdes

The option of the convertible is because she also has a 1 y/o RF in a 4 y/o Marathon so in 2 years the baby can use the Complete Air and she can get a booster for the older one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC