Importing to Australia any tips/sites?

3monstars

Hi there.
I'm looking at importing a seat to Australia. I already have a Radian, but I bought that from an ebay seller that is no longer stocking SKJP/Diono. I'm having hard time finding people to ship to Australia.

I also want a Diono angle adjuster and can't get a US store to ship here, and they aren't available in NZ until next year. I want to try this with our Radian to see how it goes, then decide between another Radian or a different seat.

If anyone knows of stores that will ship To Australia, both seats and adjusters, the info would be much appreciated. :)

ADS

3monstars

Thanks newyorkDOC, from the US or wherever I can buy one and have it shipped here. A good price would be nice too :p
Yes I am considering a Swedish seat if the Diono angle adjuster doesn't work for us.
Um, I'm a newbie here so I'm not sure what or who AD is?

finn

There is a website called international checkout, they ship stuff from American websites to the rest of the world. Shipping is horrendously expensive though, you'd probably be better off getting someone from NZ to ship you one when they come into stock.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

3monstars

There is a website called international checkout, they ship stuff from American websites to the rest of the world. Shipping is horrendously expensive though, you'd probably be better off getting someone from NZ to ship you one when they come into stock.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org
Thanks Fin:) I might have a look at them anyway. Each time I've had something shipped from the US the cost is pretty high, and I really don't want to wait until next year, I'm impatient and I need to see if it works sooner rather than later so we can organise another seat for the other car.

chuffednz

Shipping a Radian from NZ is around about $80NZ for most places in Aus and there is at least one retailer who can do tax free for Aus customers so you save about $65 in tax savings off the retail price.

3monstars

Shipping a Radian from NZ is around about $80NZ for most places in Aus and there is at least one retailer who can do tax free for Aus customers so you save about $65 in tax savings off the retail price.
Could you tell me who that retailer is? I'm now having trouble getting parts from Diono, I think my request went to the US sector not the NZ. I think my head is going to explode! They have said they aren't authorised to sell parts to Australia. It's not illegal to import the seat to Australia so I don't know why it's not ok for them to sell parts? I need a new buckle with a different length stalk so the NZ retailer might be able to help me with that. If not it looks like I'll give Diono the flick and go Swedish *sigh* I'm getting very frustrated:mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC