Recaro Vivo Questions

Mommy2Marcus

Marcus is getting close to having outgrown the Gen65 & is not to to far from his head being over the top of the Maestro. So I am really looking at getting a good dedicated booster for him to put into DH's car. I really like the look of the Vivo & I have heard that it fits littles well. However I have 2 main concerns.
1.) How hard is it to buckle properly? For an adult &/or a child?

2.) How is it for sleeping? If the child falls asleep do they flop forward or do their heads lean more to the side on the wings?

ADS

christineka

My kids haven't had any problems buckling the vivo, but I've heard reports of other kids having problems. It probably depends on your kid and your belts.

The vivo is great for sleeping kids.

jpajinag

My son doesn't have trouble and we have him next yo a britax boulevard. He sleeps well in it also. He is tall and very slender and other seats don't fit him very well.

babyherder

I find the vivo annoying to buckle but I can deal with it. It takes a little more effort to get it right. If you are willing to put the time in to teach your kid how to buckle and your dh is willing to learn how to do it and make sure ds is in right I think it would be fine.

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks Everyone! DH is very willing to learn how to buckle it right & make sure he is in properly. He understands why I am so passionate about car seat safety & respects the choices I make when it comes to seats. He would prefer an easier to use seat, but if the Vivo is what is the best seat for him, then he will use it. I am debating between a Vivo & a HBTB for his car right now.

rachelandtyke

I find the Vivo very easy to use. It took a little while for DD to be able to buckle herself, but she has finally gotten it. (however, she had never been able to fully buckle or unbuckle herself in her TF, so take it with a grain of salt!). I didn't care so much about her learning to buckle it quickly as I recheck it everytime any way. She finds it very comfy. We have not gone on long drives where she might sleep in it yet, but she has more head support than in the TF, so I am not in the least bit concerned about it.

momtoo3

Ds2 finds the Vivo easy to buckle. I showed him once and that was all he needed. It is great for sleeping, much better than the HBTB IMO.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I can't help on the buckling front, because DD doesn't do anything remotely "work-like" for herself (she also doesn't buckle or unbuckle herself from a 5-pt). I don't find buckling necessarily difficult, except that I have it side by side with a Radian, so there's that. But the sleeping thing is a home run. DD will fall asleep going 4 blocks home from school. The Vivo is AWESOME for headslump. :thumbsup:

TarynVivo.jpg

Mags462

Thanks Everyone! DH is very willing to learn how to buckle it right & make sure he is in properly. He understands why I am so passionate about car seat safety & respects the choices I make when it comes to seats. He would prefer an easier to use seat, but if the Vivo is what is the best seat for him, then he will use it. I am debating between a Vivo & a HBTB for his car right now.

DS1 had a hard time buckling the Vivo consistently by himself. So we got rid of it. I LOVED the fit, style, etc, but i didn't want to always be the one who had to buckle him in kwim?

He rode in a HBTB for about 6mo before switching full time to the Monterey..... he still prefers the HBTB out of all the boosters he tried (pw, hbtb, monterey, vivo, and probooster) ....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC