2011/2012 odyessey trim levels

Freekel

I Am currently trying to decide between a 2011/2012 Toyota sequioa and 2011/2012 Honda odyssey. I was wondering if anyone could outline the differences in trim levels on the odyssey for me. I know I want a EX-L with DVD and navigation but I am wondering what else does the touring and touring elite have?

ADS

tl01

I Am currently trying to decide between a 2011/2012 Toyota sequioa and 2011/2012 Honda odyssey. I was wondering if anyone could outline the differences in trim levels on the odyssey for me. I know I want a EX-L with DVD and navigation but I am wondering what else does the touring and touring elite have?

You can't get an exl with DVD and nav.

To the exl the touring has both DVD and nav, larger tires, different rims, upgraded side mirrors 6 speed transmission. I know the touring has satellite radio, Bluetooth audio.. I'm not sure about the exl. The touring elite adds hID headlights, larger split screen DVD, idmi hook up, 650 vs 250 watt speaker system, lane change indicators. If you have any questions just let me know. I've owned a 2011 touring and 2011 touring elite.

Freekel

Thanks, I was wondering that about the exl. It says on the website exl with DVD or exl with nav so I figured you could get both. Ok, then I guess I would want the touring, does it still have the run flat tires that are really expensive to replace?
Did you prefer the touring elite to the touring a lot?
Also I have an 2009 right now and have the second row seats pushed together do that there is a walkway to the third row, in the 8 seater is there a way to make a walkway?

Freekel

I also heard it is shorter, have you noticed this? I need my 6'5" hubby to fit and he is already kinda cramped in the 2009!

tl01

Thanks, I was wondering that about the exl. It says on the website exl with DVD or exl with nav so I figured you could get both. Ok, then I guess I would want the touring, does it still have the run flat tires that are really expensive to replace?
Did you prefer the touring elite to the touring a lot?
Also I have an 2009 right now and have the second row seats pushed together do that there is a walkway to the third row, in the 8 seater is there a way to make a walkway?

No more run flat tires!

I had the touring and decided I wanted all of the extras the touring elite offers. But, I'm a car geek. I appreciate good stereos but won't do aftermarket. I love the lane change helpers, the headlights, the hdmi hook up etc. If that stuff is important then I'd go that route. If not, the touring is lovely too. I personally use all the extras do I really appreciate it despite the extra price.

tl01

I also heard it is shorter, have you noticed this? I need my 6'5" hubby to fit and he is already kinda cramped in the 2009!

Is his height torso or leg height? I'd say he should go check it out. I think it is a little shorter. My DH is 6'2" and having a rear facing seat behind the driver is a little bit of an issue. We keep the seat there but DH wishes he could move it back more. I'd go test it out before you think about it too much. Head room isn't tremendous either.

Freekel

He has a really long torso so he has a problem with his head hitting the ceiling, in his past cars he had to open the sunroof to be more comfortable, lol! We have a rfing car seat behind the driver but whenever the baby is in it I'm driving, so its not an issue.
I plan on putting a radian rf behind the driver, have you tried a radian in it?
Do you have the 8 passenger or 7?

tl01

He has a really long torso so he has a problem with his head hitting the ceiling, in his past cars he had to open the sunroof to be more comfortable, lol! We have a rfing car seat behind the driver but whenever the baby is in it I'm driving, so its not an issue.
I plan on putting a radian rf behind the driver, have you tried a radian in it?
Do you have the 8 passenger or 7?

A radian doesn't work for me there right now bc I have long legs. I'm waiting for the new angle adjuster to see if that will work for us. All the models above the lx or ex I think have 8 seats.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Honda added standard bluetooth to the EX trim for 2012, along with the upgraded info display and USB audio. The EX is a really nice package overall, I think. Granted, I'm not a fan of leather. The leather in my EX-L was hot and sweaty and didn't wear all that well after 5 years. Unless it has ventilated, cooled leather, I'd rather have cloth, personally!

The Touring does add the 6-speed transmission that gives a little better fuel economy and also a little nicer audio system standard. Plus DVD and Nav are standard. The other stuff seemed unimportant to me, but that's all personal preference, of course.

Also, if headroom is an issue, you usually gain perhaps an inch or so if you opt for a model without a moonroof. That would be the EX (or leave the shade open all the time to gain some back)!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC