What was the first car seat you owned??

sb518

Mine was an evenflo joyride, I bought at a thrift store for my dolls :rolleyes:

v2_i9_recall_car_seat_sm.jpg

:thumbsdown: evenflo :thumbsdown:

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I don't remember what it was called, but I (*think* I) remember what it looked like -- except I don't see it in the SafetyBeltSafe pictoral http://www.carseat.org/Pictorial/1-RF-Infant-np.pdf :confused: Sort of like the Dorel Designer 35, except it's bonnet thingy was more like the Snugride & I think I remember the base was more like the Evenflo On My Way :scratcheshead: It was the cheapest thing my parents could find: with "adorble" (aka. FUGLY) teddy bears + blue plaid :rolleyes:

I do know that my sister's 1st seat was the Evenflo-Gerry Secure Ride :eek:

I also know that I tried/bought/exchanged/returned some Graco-Century convertibles & hideodorous OHS (some previously used, expired, etc. :eek: :() because I just couldn't get anything installed in my ****ing Blazer correctly ... only later did I find the vehicle manual's warning about not using the center seatbelt for carseat installation :doh:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Evenflo Discovery because I liked the cover and the handles... :rolleyes: ... Don't you love the aftermarket insert?

825278950_364d391ae3.jpg

TxMomma

Cosco Arriva, we used it for maybe 2 weeks and then bought a Graco Snugride 5pt. I only bought the Arriva because the whole travel system was on clearance for like $50 and I had no clue what I was buying....that was in 2001.

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
We had the seat with 2 handles that you can change to a rocking position when not in the car. We were even in an accident and insurance never offered to replace it. lol

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
First one we bought was a 3pt harness Graco Snugride in mid '99. Kaylee used it in '01 and then it was trashed after I was rearended.

The first seat that my mom gave me was some old Centery OHS that she bought at a garage sale. I used it twice on my god son as his mom couldn't get to the daycare in time before closing and I picked him up. I trashed it after that as I hated it.

mimieliza

Graco Snugride, Colby Print, made in 2005. It was a hand-me-down that I intended to use until I realized it was a 20 lb. seat and I compared the Snugride (pre-EPS foam) and Graco Safeseat side by side. We did end up using the Snugride for the first two weeks, though, because BRU screwed up my Safeseat order and DD was born two weeks early. So it was a good thing I had it for that first ride home from the hospital, or else DH would have been stuck racing out to Walmart for a crappy rear-adjust Winnie the Pooh Snugride.

107769618-S.jpg

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
We had the seat with 2 handles that you can change to a rocking position when not in the car. We were even in an accident and insurance never offered to replace it. lol

Gerry Glide I think that was called? That is what we had for our son almost 14 years ago. I loved it.

The first seat I bought was for my nephew 18 years ago. It was the Gerry t-shield. We loved that seat too - too bad we did not know how unsafe it was. Then he had the Gerry shield booster when he outgrew the t-shield!
Renee

MySillyKids

a 12/03 snugride front adjust in blueberry.

Been through 2 kids, and getting ready for kid #3!!!

I cant wait to finally have a seat for the life of it, and then destroy it!! LOL!!

Dillipop

My first seat was a century accell ohs, which I used for a kid I watched. For Ds, my first was a snugride from 1999, that I borrowed from SIL, who washed the straps in the washer. Didn't know that was a no-no at the time. Used that for a couple months and then switched him into the ohs for another year. :eek:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Evenflo On My Way 3pt manufactured 1997 for 9yr old dd. When she outgrew that we bought an OHS seat because I thought that she'd be able to rest her head on the bar. :rolleyes: (Can you tell I was young... :whistle: ) I don't remember the brand of the OHS, I think DOM was 1998. Both seats were taken to the firehall to be destroyed back when Jillian was a baby. (Our firehalls here in the city take expired car seats and destroy them for you.)

Jillian (basically starting over because 9yr old dd hasn't lived with us since she was a baby,) a 2003 evenflo portabout 5.

Momto1bigkiddo

Eddie Bauer Designer 22 infant car seat in 2004. It came with the stroller. It was rear-adjusting, but I didn't know any different then so it didn't bother me. :eek: It really wasn't a bad seat for us, but we ended up selling it after it was outgrown.

Leila

I have no idea. I'm pretty sure it was a Graco, it came as part of the Nursery Assault Vehicle that my mother bought for me (in 1999) to take my son for walks.

SPJ&E

First carseat I owned was a...Cosco Touriva and it was for the baby I watched all the time.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I went through several back in 1999-2000 (I was a nanny). Among the first seats were:

~ Century SmartFit Plus
~ Graco Quest
~ Eddie Bauer OHS something-or-other
~ Evenflo Ultara I
~ Evenflo Ultara V
~ Century SmartMove

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC