Vent Why oh Why?

Kobain's Mommy

Why do people think just because a car seat is expensive they are the best? Today I was at an upscale baby shop. They sell one infant seat that is an expensive one. A lady was asking the owner if that specif manufacturer made "a toddler seat." The owner told her while they do make the next seat she doesn't carry it because no one has asked about it. Which was news to me. Even when I got home I went to that car seat's website and didn't see a toddler seat. Anyways the owner went on to say that Britax is the next best seat, because she was told by a tech it was. She went on to say the Recaro is the second best, once again because the tech told her. I bit my tongue but felt like saying "The cost of a car seat means nothing unless it's use correctly 100% of the time, fits your budget, fits your child and fits your car."

The mom asking about the car seat seemed clueless about kids. She asked if 9 months was to young for a baby to be in a high chair. I'm sorry to say it almost seemed like her child was an accessory. She told the owner that once the child starts walking that she's turning it FFing because she doesn't want her seats dirty. Once again I had to bite my tongue. I wanted to take her out to my car where my *gasp* walking 18 month old is still RFing. Yeah the back of the actual car's seat is dirty, but safety is first. I can always clean the car seat.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC