Ridiculous 1 star Diono RXT review

luna2324

I'm super annoyed by this 1 star review left about the Diono Radian RXT. This person has to be a troll, right?!?! Resisting urge to feed him...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/review/R2TUJYAMBPMOKD/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2TUJYAMBPMOKD"]Amazon.com: Blue Diver's review of Diono RadianRXT Convertible Car Seat, Rugby[/ame]

ADS

msg221

I wouldn't even consider what he wrote a "review." He has zero experience with the product so he has nothing of value to contribute. Hopefully anyone else who is looking for a review on this seat will just disregard his.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I reported it. Not sure if it will get removed, but seeing as it's not actually a review of the product I hope it does. I hat when people post "reviews" when they have never tried the product!

tam_shops

Got, "We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site".

Guess flagging on Amazon works, though I missed the laugh from what the unhappy person wrote...

tam

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I missed the laugh from what the unhappy person wrote...

It wasn't very interesting, really. He just gave it a bad review because he presumes all 13 5-star reviews were "fake" and planted by the company because they're all <30 days old (duh!) and he claims none of the reviewers have ever reviewed anything else. I kind of doubt he really clicked on all of them to check. He said he was going to buy the car seat but now he wasn't going to because of all the "fake" reviews.

For good measure, I went ahead and wrote a review since DD has an RXT now. I "only" gave it 4 stars, though. :D

Kobain's Mommy

The review is still showing up for me. While I agree he shouldn't have posted it since he has never tired the product... I would find it odd that in the last 30 days only 5 star reviews on any product.

4boysmom

It wasn't very interesting, really. He just gave it a bad review because he presumes all 13 5-star reviews were "fake" and planted by the company because they're all <30 days old (duh!) and he claims none of the reviewers have ever reviewed anything else. I kind of doubt he really clicked on all of them to check.

Well I did and I only saw two reviewers that had ever reviewed anything else. One had 3 things they had reviewed one had two. The other 12 (12 plus his one plus 2 non-first time reviewers equals 15) were first time reviews.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The review is still showing up for me. While I agree he shouldn't have posted it since he has never tired the product... I would find it odd that in the last 30 days only 5 star reviews on any product.

I agree that it is a bit sketchy. The way that SK handled things in the past, I wouldn't put anything past them and I don't think it's a bad thing that he told people about the SK issues. Then again, I won't stick up for a company who can't even stand behind their own products.

Stelvis

I wrote an honest, non-flamy review back in the spring on Amazon of my Radian after my Superlatch issues and it was also flagged and removed.

crunchierthanthou

In his defense, Sunshine Kids did send me a free Dry Seat last February in exchange for an Amazon review. They posted it on FB and sent out 50 to the first people to respond.

here's part of the email they sent me:

Please send me your shipping address and we will send the product to you for review this week. Amazon is working with us to increase the product reviews on their website so once you get the product, please post your review on this link: http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

We'd also appreciate a comment on our Facebook page about the product. http://www.facebook.com/skjpbaby

Thank you again for your participation. I hope you like the product.

so, yeah, possible...

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Sending you a product to get you to review it is not the same as posting fake reviews. I don't see that as unethical at all. Paying employees to sit around and write glowing reviews is not ethical. I don't see any proof that the reviews are fake. Solicited? Maybe, but that doesn't make them fake.

crunchierthanthou

I don't see anywhere that Blue Diver was suggesting the reviewers were employees or paid to do so. Just that it would seem the reviews possibly weren't posted spontaneously.

crunchierthanthou

Whoa, I've been without a computer for 4 months - what's this Diono Radian? Did Sunshine Kids get sold?

They changed their name in September- supposedly to something that would work better in international markets.

They redesigned the Radians, including adding a booster mode.

Here's a rundown of the features for the new models - http://carseatblog.com/14805/diono-radian-rxt/

They Monterey was changed slightly, in that the shoulder belt guide was moved further back. It's supposed to fit narrow kids better now.

Raegansmom4

They changed their name in September- supposedly to something that would work better in international markets.

They redesigned the Radians, including adding a booster mode.

Here's a rundown of the features for the new models - http://carseatblog.com/14805/diono-radian-rxt/

They Monterey was changed slightly, in that the shoulder belt guide was moved further back. It's supposed to fit narrow kids better now.

That's awesome! Now for my mantra - I can't have a 3rd baby just for a car seat :p.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC