How much time left RF/ growth chart extrapolation?

Brianna

J had a check-up today, but I think he's lighter than normal because he's had a barf-bug. He weighed in at 35 pounds, but he's normally 36 when I weigh him. He's a tall 38 inches! He's 26 months now, and I don't think his torso has grown really since his siggy pic.

I'm trying to follow his growth curve but it's hard. He was born at 7 lb 8 oz (50th percentile) and at 12 months was 25 pounds (between 75th and 90th percentile) and now he's over the 97th percentile at 26 months. Is there a good way to figure out when he might reach 40 pounds? Or does it look like he might outgrow the MR by height first?

Radian isn't an option because his mom doesn't have a car and installs in different cars daily depending on the babysitter.

*ETA
I measured his torso within the last few weeks at 15 inches

ADS

lilliput

I'm interested in the answer to this too. We are in a similar boat, except that we can use a RN. It will have to be with an angle adjuster though, and we will likely need it before the 1-year cut-off if he stays on his curve. We're 95th for weight, 97th or higher for height, and while I'm interested in the MR for the weight factor, I'm worried we'll outgrow it by height first and end up right back where we started: needing to FF earlier than we'd like...
It begs the question: buy the seat that should last longer RF height wise or weight wise?
Sorry for the semi-hijack - and thanks for your help in the past!

Brianna

In your case I would go with a Radian as long as it isn't over-reclined without the wedge before 1 year

armywife12

My son was similar in size at that age. He was 37 inches and 35lbs at his 2 yr appt. He hit 40lbs right before he turned 3 and outgrew the MR in height at around the same time. He had maybe a quarter of an inch left. He was 7lbs 13 oz at birth and was 24lbs and 32 or 33 inches at his one yr appt. It sounds like J is following the same growth pattern as my son.

Athena

I'm not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but I use these CDC growth charts to try to figure this out.
http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/clinical_charts.htm
If you have an idea of what his future percentile might be, following the curve can help provide an idea of his approximate size in the future. No idea if this is what you were looking for. Somewhere online there is also a percentile calculator to get more precise numbers for kids who do not fall right on one of the main curves. I hope this helps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC