Regent LATCH Strap Instructions are *wrong*

B

broxbourneDELETE

We rec'd our Regent LATCH retrofit kit in the mail Saturday. It contained a 8.5" x 11" full-color instruction sheet entitled "Britax LATCH Strap and Slip-Resistant Strip Installation Instructions for the Regent" which contains incorrect information! The document # (in small print in the lower right hand corner) is P299300_R1.

What's wrong are the figures for step 5:
"5. Routing LATCH Strap
Route LATCH strap into long route for children 22-40 lbs (fig. A) or into short route for children 40-80* lbs (fig.B) See User Guide for step-by-step vehicle installation instructions.
*Consult vehicle owner's manual for LATCH anchor limits"

But ... their fig. A actually shows short route LATCH and their fig.B shows long route LATCH! Pages 10-12 of the "new" Regent manual (also included in the package)show correctly the long and short routes.

I can't find our digital camera to upload pix here, but I am sure of what I'm saying. Incidentally, this color sheet is not what's posted on-line by Britax (http://www.britaxusa.net/support/documents/REG_ConsAdv_ProdUpdate_IS.pdf which does not address LATCH at all).

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Definitely call Britax first thing Monday morning and scan the document if you can for them. Hopefully, they can fix it before even more confusion is caused!

B

broxbourneDELETE

Britax said that this error has been brought to their attention ... I didn't ask what their plan of action would be and they didn't offer any explanation.

Having had a good look at the Regent by now (and enhancing it with sticky tape and hammers), I wish there were more EPS foam and better side protection.

I will look into the Recaro when it comes out to replace our Regent.

(Does anyone have greater than 512KB file upload max? This is my limit at car-seat.org I'm afraid no digital pic I take could be useful at that size)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Larger images can be hosted at a photo website or at your own webspace. You can then insert them into posts using an "IMG" tag or link to them.

The 512kb limit applies to images and files that are hosted by car-seat.org .

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I just upload to Photobucket (free!), and then link it here using the IMG code Darren mentioned. If you click the yellow square with the mountain in it in your posting window, you can just paste the link in, and it will automatically insert it as an image.

B

broxbourneDELETE

My LATCH strap instruction sheet rec'd on Saturday (7/14):
DSC_0001_1.jpg

The figures in Section 5 ROUTING LATCH STRAP are **wrong** on my instructions:
DSC_0004_2.jpg

momika

Moderator - CPS Technician
Britax said that this error has been brought to their attention ... I didn't ask what their plan of action would be and they didn't offer any explanation.

Having had a good look at the Regent by now (and enhancing it with sticky tape and hammers), I wish there were more EPS foam and better side protection.

I will look into the Recaro when it comes out to replace our Regent.

(Does anyone have greater than 512KB file upload max? This is my limit at car-seat.org I'm afraid no digital pic I take could be useful at that size)

I took the liberty of forwarding your information to my contact at Britax. She promised to get back to me once they figure it out. I'll post back when I hear back. Hopefully this can be resolved ASAP.

B

broxbourneDELETE

Regent LATCH Strap Instructions are corrected

The new Regent LATCH instruction sheet P29930000_R2 appears to be correct with figures of long and short LATCH routes consistent with the new manual. And it's posted too:

http://britaxusa.net/support/documents/REG_ConsumerAdvisory_ProdUpdate_IS.pdf

Not sure when the above appeared on the britaxusa.net website but the LBP, SBP sheet [http://www.britaxusa.net/support/documents/REG_ConsAdv_ProdUpdate_IS.pdf ] is now gone from it.

For all the techs, if someone like me came in with a 35# boy and a Regent and asked how does it *have to be* installed, what would you say? I cannot find any self-consistent position this company has taken on installation techniques as a result of this advisory. (I am not trying to stir up a nest of hornets. I just wonder if it will ever take this seat anywhere to be checked by anyone.)

MySillyKids

Re: Regent LATCH Strap Instructions are corrected

For all the techs, if someone like me came in with a 35# boy and a Regent and asked how does it *have to be* installed, what would you say? I cannot find any self-consistent position this company has taken on installation techniques as a result of this advisory. (I am not trying to stir up a nest of hornets. I just wonder if it will ever take this seat anywhere to be checked by anyone.)

I'm not a Tech, but it would First depend on when the DOM of the regent, and the manual said. If it has the new Manual that came WITH the seat, then they would HAVE to go by the new guidelines. If they have the OLD manual, then i *guess* you can choose which one you like better.

I'm in the same situation. my DS is 35lbs, but he will be using LATCH (the old way) until he reaches 40lbs. Then i'll make a decision from there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC