A good weekend for car seats!

Shaunam

I see so much misuse it would be a full time job complaining about it so I try to just stick to reporting on the positive things I see. :cool: LOL

First, on friday, we went to yard sales and I got to see a britax super elite! The family was gung-ho about extended harnessing (rare in ohio, where the law is 4 years or 40 lbs and nothing about when it's ok to move them to boosters). The seat was in good condition and still had about a year before it expired. They said their daughter had just outgrown it (no idea how old she was) and their younger son just outgrew his regular car seat, so they got a brand new regent for him. They were selling it for $50, but I didn't have the heart to tell them that they weren't likely to get that much for it, considering no one around here worries about extended harnessing, and the seat was going to expire soon. But it was nice to see anyways.

Then, yesterday, we went to a friend's cookout and the driveway was packed with britax-filled cars. LOL One van I saw as we were leaving, belonged to a family with a ~4 year old, a ~2 year old, and a 3 month old. I only saw one rear-facing seat and one forward-facing seat. I just assumed the rf'ing one was for the baby, the ff'ing one was for the 2 year old, and the 4 year old was out of a seat (which is common here). I was WRONG! I missed the infant seat! The baby was in a snugride, the 2 year old was rf'ing in an aoe, and the 4 year old was ff'ing in an aoe. :thumbsup: I wonder how well the 4 year old fit in the aoe, but I didn't get to see. She was skinny with long legs, though, so I bet she still fit fine.

Then today, I got an e-mail from a friend asking which seat to get for her 3 1/2 year old who is outgrowing his roundabout. I knew she wasn't just going to put him in a booster, but it was still a great end to the weekend, having her confirm that. :p

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Hey, me too! I saw a Regent that belonged to someone I don't know (a first in this small town), and then I delivered pizza to a "stereotypical" low-income family, in an old house with an old car and too many people living together, and they had a new infant seat in that old car that looked very much correctly installed!

I did see a toddler that needed his harness straps adjusted, though. *sigh*

cmm7

I saw a van with a Husky and a Regent when I was at the beach! I was walking down the boardwalk with my friend and I made her stop so I could stare for a few seconds. I wanted to hunt down whoever's car it was (windows were down and they were parked on the street vs. in a aprking area so I assume they were close by) but Callie wouldn't let me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC