Diono Angle Adjuster is here - pics added in post 2!

ADS

mimieliza

Sorry, pics are dark. Click on them to make them bigger.

View attachment 14075
Before in 1999 Honda Odyssey

View attachment 14077
After. I gained a ton of room - I can move the front seat back a great deal.

View attachment 14079
Belt path is significantly higher. I think if you have found the seat incompatible with a seat belt install due to the low belt path, this may solve the problem.

View attachment 14081
Space at top of seat. I didn't move the seat at all. My normal install has the top of the Radian braced against the front seat. If you have trouble with this seat due to advanced air bags or rules against anything touching the front seats, I think the adjuster will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

creideamh

Niiice. I think we'll need a comprehensive thread for angle adjuster pics so people can find their car and go hey, clearly this will be a solution that'll work (or not work) for me :)

msg221

I am going to go ahead and install mine without today because I am going to try a 3 across. I hope it works with the combination of seats that I have. If Amazon doesn't hurry up and get this in stock, I will probably break down and order one from Diono.

Jessica61624

Question about the belt path comment...I was under the impression you slide it in after its installed. I would assume the belt path would still be in the same spot then. Hmm I need to try one. I actually hope it doesn't move it up.

mimieliza

I need one so bad but to help with over reclining. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, it will definitely help with that. The seat is much more upright.

Yay! DId you order it straight from Diono? I'm hoping mine will be here soon!

Yes, I ordered it the day they put the option on their website. I'm in Oregon, so it didn't have to go far.

Question about the belt path comment...I was under the impression you slide it in after its installed. I would assume the belt path would still be in the same spot then. Hmm I need to try one. I actually hope it doesn't move it up.

Okay, so first you buckle the belt or loosely attach the LATCH strap, without tightening or locking the belt. Then you lift the back of the seat up to shove the adjuster underneath. Once the adjuster is in place, then you lock and tighten the belt/LATCH strap. It makes the installation sooooo much easier. There is no fussing and wiggling to try to keep it from over-reclining, or to try and keep the latch plate from getting too close to the belt path. Just tighten the belt, and it is perfect.

just a question once you ahve installed the adjuster does it give your child more headroom?

I haven't put my child in yet. That's the next test. I also need to see if he is too upright - i.e. does his head fall forward when he sleeps.

Also, when tightening the RFing tether, you can get it tight without worrying about further over reclining the seat. I'm actually wondering whether it is permissible to use the RFing tether to adjust the angle (a la Britax's old rules) with the wedge in place. I think that unless this is allowed, potentially the wedge could cause the seat to be too upright in some people's vehicles.

StillThankful

Is this true? I'm not sure how that would work. :confused:

Instructions:

1. Place Radian in proper rear-facing position on vehicle seat and connect lower anchors or seat belt.

2. Lift seat and slide Angle Adjuster underneath Radian until it touches the back of Radian's Rear Facing Base, not underneath the Radian Rear Facing Base.

3. Tighten lower anchor strap or seat belt and properly complete installation.

mimieliza

Is it at all squishy?

It is squishier than I thought it would be. I would say it is comparable to how squishy the padding of the vehicle seat is, which makes sense. Also, I have a feeling that after being installed for awhile it will get dents.

It is extremely lightweight, to the point of feeling insubstantial. At first I was disconcerted by this, but if it were to come loose in the vehicle somehow in an accident, there is no way it could harm anyone.

In a frontal crash, the seat would rotate down and towards the front of the car. The adjuster would take a lot of force, and probably absorb quite a bit of the force since it is a springy foam. On rebound, the car seat would fly up and toward the seat back (especially if untethered) and at this point the adjuster may be able to fly out somehow. So it is good that it is so lightweight.

mimieliza

No. It's really pretty, hard IMO. It's a very, very dense foam.

It is the same material as my daughter's foam, reading blocks but I'm not sure what it's called.

Ha, we cross posted. It goes to show how subjective the word "squishy" is - I thought it was squishy because I can press into it with my finger.

monstah

Quick question that I could probably find the answer to if I searched the numerous threads but I'm still working on my morning coffee... ;)

For the best price, I should call Diono and order from them asking for the tech discount? What will my total be?

ETA: Found the price in another thread! :cool:

EmmaGrace'sMom

Quick question that I could probably find the answer to if I searched the numerous threads but I'm still working on my morning coffee... ;)

For the best price, I should call Diono and order from them asking for the tech discount? What will my total be?

ETA: Found the price in another thread! :cool:
Regular price I think I paid $14 with shipping, maybe $14.XX? If I recall shipping was $5...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC