Question Britax fabric

safety4harp

I'm trying to decide which FR85 and BLVD fabrics to order. I called Britax, but they confused me more. I would like to get them with a poly/cotton blend that is more plush feeling (would really prefer 100% cotton). The Britax rep told me some were poly/cotton then later said all poly and I'm unsure now than I was before calling. Unfortunately, she said the fabric contents aren't located anywhere online. I also wish they gave a description or something more than just a picture, especially since my BRU doesn't have much in store.

Also I saw something about the amount of flame retardants used on the fabrics. Is there any correlation between an increased use on the ones that do contain natural fibers (cotton)? Should I be concerned about this (we are super crunchy but at the same time, I want a really high quality, safe seat)

The FR85 Onyx and Rushmore are on sale. Based on previous posts, it looks like everyone prefers the Onyx, but I'm not sure exactly why? My DD really wants the Livia. Anyone have thoughts about that? Does the quilting get uncomfortable after sitting there for a long period of time (esp wearing shorts or skirt)?

The BLVD is on sale in Sterling-what is that one like?

Thanks again!

ADS

Jessica61624

Onxy and livia are the same slick material. It's like a wind breaker jacket. And its not really quilted. It's just a design on the fabric. Dd has had one since summer and wore shorts and even her swimming suit in it with no issues. She did say her back god sweaty but that also happened with the plush cow cover.

creideamh

I LOVE the Livia. If I really needed mine, I'd be keeping it. It's super comfy and the kid I had try it out loved it. The quilt stitching isn't raised or anything, so I doubt it would stick in the summer (but it's winter, so I don't actually know that for sure.)

safety4harp

Sorry I posted in the wrong area!

So is the cowmooflage the only "plush"? We have that in the MA so was kind of hoping for something different in the FR85 and BLVD.

Anyone have experience with the Sterling BLVD? What is it like?

luckyclov

As of now, Cowmoo is the only "plushy" cover. It's lovely.:love:

Onyx and Livia are "slicky" and Maui Blue *looks* meshy, but it's not...it's just regular 'ol fabric (cotton-y?).

The rest of the covers are meshy.

ETA: I'm only referring to FR85 covers.

safety4harp

I saw the thing about the chemicals in the carseats. We try not to use anything unnatural in our house. I know this is not possible, but I'm concerned because the Onyx got high ratings. Do you think the Livia is also high since it is the same type of fabric? They didn't test Livia. Did the Livia's that you guys got stink out of the box?

Looks like Cowmoos were medium.

safety4harp

Thanks for the link! I did see that, just was hoping to minimize chemicals wherever possible. We're pretty big freaks about it due to some health issues in our house. Good info though about putting in sun and potentially washing. I've never washed a cover (sad to admit but I'm too scared of screwing it up or having trouble getting it back on properly). Is it difficult and any warnings?

msg221

As of now, Cowmoo is the only "plushy" cover. It's lovely.:love:

Onyx and Livia are "slicky" and Maui Blue *looks* meshy, but it's not...it's just regular 'ol fabric (cotton-y?).

The rest of the covers are meshy.

ETA: I'm only referring to FR85 covers.

I don't consider the Maui Blue cotton like. To me, it was more like scratchy polyester, which is why I sold it and bought a Cowmoo cover. I wish Britax would come out with some more plush covers (Kathryn was nice too, when I had an Advocate) or some that are more cotton like.

I don't think I have ever seen Sterling, so I can't tell you what that one is like.

safety4harp

Re: Britax fabric-Sterling, anyone?

So I pulled the trigger and ordered one Cowmoo and one Livia (DH was really against Livia). I personally think the Cowmoo seems better comfort-wise, but my 4 yr old really wanted the pink.

Now I need to decide on the Sterling BLVD. Has anyone seen it? What's it like?

Athena

The cowmoo FR85 is really nice. Both my girls like it. I was not crazy about the looks of it and wished they made another plush cover, but it does feel really nice. Sorry, but I don't know about the sterling BLVD. Hopefully, someone else will chime in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC