Bought the Triumph Advance at BRU Today

mom2boys

I have been looking for a car seat for my 16 month old for a while. I wanted a seat that would allow him to be in a 5 pt harness until between ages 5-6, when he can use his big brother's Regent that he will no longer need. Well, at home I have a Boulevard and Radian 65 that I bought from Target.com. I wasn't thrilled with either, but thought about keeping the Boulevard. Then, I thought I would go check out the Triumph Advance everyone keeps talking about. Well, I really like it. I compared it side by side to the Boulevard and it is the same height. Actually, the seats are pretty similar. Then, when you look at the $130 Triumph Advance (I got the blackish seat which is the same as the sandbox seat, but $20 less), vs. the $300 Boulevard and I couldn't justify the price difference. I sat my 4.5 year old in it and he has some room left height wise, which shocked me because he is tall for his age. So, I think I am going to stick with it. I wanted to wait for the Recaro Como, but I am so tired of waiting that I think I am going to stay with the Triumph Advance. My husband will be thrilled that I have this "project" off of the list.

Anyone have any thoughts who has seen the Triumph Advance and read about the Recaro Como about why you would pay $$$ more for the Recaro? (I realize this is a tough question to answer having not seen the new Recaro's, but I would really like to put this to rest in my mind and pick one. I just want to make sure I haven't really missed anything big. We can afford the Recaro, no issue, but I don't want to pay a ton more if they are basically the same)

ADS

all together ooky

The new Recaros will will go to 70lbs, have 19 inch top slots, and rear-face tether. I also like the side impact protection.

But, the Advance is a really nice seat too. I've seen it and like lots about it. Especially how easy the harness height adjusts.
I'm glad you found a seat that you like and it should last you along time!

scatterbunny

The Como and Signo's top slots are supposed to be roughly 2 inches taller than the Triumph Advance.

The Como and Signo will tether rear-facing.

The Como and Signo will harness to 70 pounds forward-facing.

Those are the reasons *I* would consider those over a Triumph Advance, but the Advance is still an awesome seat! I think Hayley would be about even with the top slots, from what I've heard (everyone says the Advance top slots fit kids a bit taller than Britax MA top slots), so it's a seat that should actually last kids to the full harnessed weight limit of 50 pounds. I just think I'd go with a Como or Signo because it should last years longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC