My roomy was in a crash.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Going back a little here. Jennifer came to a car seat clinic. Her son was outgrowing the Nauti, but still needed a harness seat. Turns out I knew J, so when she got a FR80 for her boy, she passed the Nauti on to me.

I sent it with Gabe, so he could help a co-workers- B. Well, B is not dating my roomy, C.

B has a small truck. B was driving this weekend. C (also a tech) was in the center (lap only, no headrest). Kid was in the Nauti.

They were stopped, car rear ended them and pushed them into the car in front of them.

B and C have neck and back pains. C has mid back pains. The kid is just fine.

I posted this on Jennifer's FB wall. Because of her kindness, this 3 year old was safe.

ADS

ahgirls

I swear Judi you take care of the whole state of Oregon with their car seat needs.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :love::D

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
But it wasn't me, it was Jennifer, being generous enough to give a seat. I didn't know where it would go, but they always find homes quickly.

canadiangie

But it wasn't me, it was Jennifer, being generous enough to give a seat. I didn't know where it would go, but they always find homes quickly.

Be glad you live in the US where car seat generosity is still legal. We're banning that sort of nonsense up here. ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Can I ask why the Nauti wasn't in the lap-belt position? I hope the adults feel better soon. I'm just wincing as I think of how that could have been worse (I was in a pretty severe lap-only crash as a child.)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I am not sure. I have been texting with C. I will be asking her though. She is a good tech, and knows better.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Wondering if it was "just a quick trip" and didn't want to move the seat or something. We've all been guilty of less-than-ideal situations because of that, now and then.

hrice

Glad the boy was uninjured.

It is curious that the Nauti wasn't in the center. But, like Anne said, must have been the "quick trip" mentality.

Maybe the truck was one that prohibited child restraints in the center, and as a tech she opted to follow the manufacturer's instructions and took the less-safe seat herself?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It is like an 86 small truck. I wonder if it is stick.

There are side facing jump seats in the back, and even dad knows no one can sit there.

aetj115

We have a 96 ranger with the jump seats. Df can't shift properly and safely if a seat is there. Maybe that's why?
So glad everyone is pretty much ok :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh crap. The kid was in a freakin booster, so of course he needed a lap/shoulder. Dad...doesn't believe in car seats. Grrr.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC