RF Britax Roundabout in 2004 Honda Civic?

U

Unregistered

Does anyone have any insight on whether a Britax Roundabout or Marathon will fit in the middle seat, RF in a 2004 Honda Civic where the driver side seat is pushed all the way back? Thanks in advance!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Should be fine - I've put numerous comparably sized seats in that vehicle in the center without an issue. Especially if the child is 6+ months old, the seat can sit a little more upright since they have adequate head & neck control.

Just wanted to add to make sure you're aware that you cannot use LATCH in the center position in that vehicle, the anchors are for the outboard sides only. So remember to install with the seat belt. :)

U

Unregistered

Thank you! (I'm the original poster.) We were considering buying a Roundabout or Marathon as the Radian we bought didn't comfortably fit in my Civic, but we just decided to install the Radian in my husband's Mazda instead and make that the family car for now.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Just want to say that I can install a Roundabout 55 in my '05 Civic with the front seats all the way back, in the center or on the side.

It is also entirely possible to install a Radian comfortably in the center, but there are a few tricks to it. If you decide you want to put the Radian in there, you'll need to twist the buckle stalk a little in order to get the seat belt tight, and if you shove the front seats all the way back against the Radian you can keep the Radian from over-reclining (or get the new Diono Angle Adjuster which should also solve that problem).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC