Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

RF Britax Roundabout in 2004 Honda Civic?

Does anyone have any insight on whether a Britax Roundabout or Marathon will fit in the middle seat, RF in a 2004 Honda Civic where the driver side seat is pushed all the way back? Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: RF Britax Roundabout in 2004 Honda Civic?

Should be fine - I've put numerous comparably sized seats in that vehicle in the center without an issue. Especially if the child is 6+ months old, the seat can sit a little more upright since they have adequate head & neck control.

Just wanted to add to make sure you're aware that you cannot use LATCH in the center position in that vehicle, the anchors are for the outboard sides only. So remember to install with the seat belt.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

Unregistered

Thank you! (I'm the original poster.) We were considering buying a Roundabout or Marathon as the Radian we bought didn't comfortably fit in my Civic, but we just decided to install the Radian in my husband's Mazda instead and make that the family car for now.

Just want to say that I can install a Roundabout 55 in my '05 Civic with the front seats all the way back, in the center or on the side.

It is also entirely possible to install a Radian comfortably in the center, but there are a few tricks to it. If you decide you want to put the Radian in there, you'll need to twist the buckle stalk a little in order to get the seat belt tight, and if you shove the front seats all the way back against the Radian you can keep the Radian from over-reclining (or get the new Diono Angle Adjuster which should also solve that problem).
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65