Is anyone selling their Regent?

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Or know who has them cheaper (everywhere I've looked they're $269, but I KNOW I looked yesterday and they were $239 somewhere...)

Neighbor (good friend) suddenly woke up, maybe, and realized that her 46 pound, 46 inch 4 year old no longer fit in the Graco Cargo (I know, shock :rolleyes: ). She's a really tall girl, mostly torso I think (I want to measure her torso, but she's not home right now). They have a low back, so the Apex65 is out, and really the Regent is sort of their only option.

I WILL be taking them and the car to BRU (do they have their Regents back out, anyone know?) to make sure it installs, but basically this kid has nothing to ride in (Mom really hates the idea of her being in booster mode, as well as being outboard in general - I serious, I never thought her as a CPS person- yay! :D ) She really wants her harnessed, and I agree (there's no way she'll sit right in the booster for a long period - she just turned 4). They aren't at the point that Kyle David Miller Foundation can help, but they are short on money (if I can find them a deal, it would be well worth it).

P.S. It's a 2001 Cavalier, if anyone knows (so I don't have to mess with a Regent for no reason ;) )

Oh, and if you're a person who is selling your Regent, for whatever reason, feel free to spam me ;)

ADS

supercrunch

I was at BRU on Thursday and they had pulled the Regent off the shelves while they wait for the kits to arrive.

Buy Buy Baby did the same thing, so I would think that it would be difficult to find a Regent at any store right now.

MsFacetious

What I do depends on what Britax does. I don't know yet. I may end up keeping mine for travel in my Dad's truck and just using Recaros for daily use. If Britax replaces the Regents with Marathons I will probably keep those.

So I don't know yet, sorry. But if I am selling them they will be cheaper than I'd like. 1 is over a year old. However I did just realized that in February of 06 I got a DOM of 1/06 from Elitecarseats. Then this year in April I got a March 07 DOM. Wow! I didn't even notice that.

So anyways. I don't know yet, is my final answer.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I called BRU to see if they had the kits in. They don't, and I was told that not one single BRU can sell a Regent until ALL the BRUs in the world have their kits... :rolleyes:

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I called BRU to see if they had the kits in. They don't, and I was told that not one single BRU can sell a Regent until ALL the BRUs in the world have their kits... :rolleyes:

Oh man... I'm screwed then... I wonder if I ask nicely (to the one manager that I know) she'd let me take it out of the back and test install it (since I don't need anything in the kit, and I know the rules).

LuvBug

maybe someone nearby has one they would let you try out first?

Im on the edge on if I want to keep the regent. Im having install issues, but the regent is one of the few seats that can keep DS harnessed...

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Or know who has them cheaper (everywhere I've looked they're $269, but I KNOW I looked yesterday and they were $239 somewhere...)

Neighbor (good friend) suddenly woke up, maybe, and realized that her 46 pound, 46 inch 4 year old no longer fit in the Graco Cargo (I know, shock :rolleyes: ). She's a really tall girl, mostly torso I think (I want to measure her torso, but she's not home right now). They have a low back, so the Apex65 is out, and really the Regent is sort of their only option.

I WILL be taking them and the car to BRU (do they have their Regents back out, anyone know?) to make sure it installs, but basically this kid has nothing to ride in (Mom really hates the idea of her being in booster mode, as well as being outboard in general - I serious, I never thought her as a CPS person- yay! :D ) She really wants her harnessed, and I agree (there's no way she'll sit right in the booster for a long period - she just turned 4). They aren't at the point that Kyle David Miller Foundation can help, but they are short on money (if I can find them a deal, it would be well worth it).

P.S. It's a 2001 Cavalier, if anyone knows (so I don't have to mess with a Regent for no reason ;) )

Oh, and if you're a person who is selling your Regent, for whatever reason, feel free to spam me ;)

Dana over on Delphi is selling her Madison Regent for $200 plus shipping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC