Ugh. Pria, Pria, Pria.

JerseyGirl'sMama

I just got back from BRU where I found a Pria 70. I was hoping this seat would work out for us, but it didn't. There were a few things I really liked, but more that I didn't. :thumbsdown:

DS is 26 months old and 29lbs. We have a 2007 Acura MDX.

I loved the way DS fit in the seat. It was so deep and he had tons more leg room than the Signo he is currently RFing in. The headwings really fit well around his head and he looked super comfy.

When I went to install it in my car is when the problems began. I have leather interior but don't usually have a problem with slippage. No matter what I tried, the seat kept over-reclining. It was as tight as possible, but when DS would push his feet on the vehicle seat back, the seat would rotate further reclined. I tried both LATCH and seat belt installs.

The other problem was these belt path guides. The sticker on the side of the seat said it was required that the LATCH belt go through them, but it was super hard to tighten the belt in them. They were so caught in there. I wasn't sure if it was required with a seat belt install (and I didn't have a manual) but it didn't matter because they slid in there anyway making it a PITA. I still managed to get solid installs both ways, but it was a bit of a stuggle.

The movable pieces of the seat felt flimsy, similar to the newer generation Britax headrests, but I felt this was worse. Maybe the seat had been played with too much, I don't know. Every time I moved the head rest up or down it was difficult to get it to slide back into another slot. I had to wiggle it back and forth instead of just up and down. The base was the same. It was so loose and wiggled more than I cared for.

I know this is Dorel so I really shouldn't have had my hopes so high, but I'm bummed. :(

ADS

djma

I'm sorry, but some cute looking little *boy* crawled into your car...you have a baby, right?!?! He's so cute! But man, has time gone by! LOL

Nothing to add about the seat, sorry! LOL It does look roomy, though!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
He's so cute. :love:

It looks like a nice seat, but the Dorel thing throws me off.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm. I want to play with these belt guides in a multitude of cars, to see what happens in different setups.

Sometimes I wish we had a testing system like the European one, where they either test in real cars or on sleds that replicate them, and have to certify their seat for use in particular cars, not just sell them and you hope the one you buy works in yours... I bet this belt guide was designed to perform well on the test bench with the flat seats. :/

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Possibly Sunday. Saturday is booked. I texted Jess to see if she wants to come too. :D

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Sunday huh? I'm not sure if I can make it this weekend, but I've never met Brigala and it's no secret I am in love with Jess. :love:

Yeah, we ALL know that. ;)

Well, I think I am also free after 1 on Saturday. Of course, I don't need to be there! lol

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Sunday afternoon would probably work for me. I will probably be at a seat check for part of Saturday (at Kohl's, anybody else coming? I haven't signed up for it yet since I just confirmed tonight that DH is available to parent the toddler).

I'd prefer Clackamas but I can probably make Tigard work. I have no idea where the Tigard BRU is but I'm sure I can find it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC