Favorite place to buy cloth diapers

Angela

We're getting green mountain prefolds and want to try out Bummis, Thirsties duo wraps, Rumperooz, and Blueberry covers. Since this is my first time CDing I have no idea which online stores are 'good'. I've ordered a few things through cottonbabies.com, but that's about all I know. Thoughts?

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I've had good luck with nicki's diapers, diaper junction, mom's milk boutique, and kelly's closet. I just browse through all of them to see which one has the best sales or offers at the moment. "Liking" the various stores on Facebook will sometimes help you get good codes to save money.

I didn't have a very good experience with the Rumparooz brand store... Kanga Care or something like that? But I may have just gotten unlucky. It wasn't horrible, they just had a big sale and didn't really handle it very well.

BritMum-in-US

I really love Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique :) They ship really fast, have free samples, and package things beautifully. And it's run by moms.

MommyShannon

I mostly use kelly's closet and moms milk boutique. I think shipping is still free at MMB and free over $49 at Kelly's closet. Both are really fast and good. Kelly's closet earns points you can use later for gift cards. I use hyena cart for handmade fitteds and other diapers but that's lots of different WAHZm shops. There I love Little Boppers and Elliemaebaby.

jjordan

I usually browse the sales at diaperpin.com and then order accordingly. Nickis diapers always has free shipping for diaper covers, fwiw, and many places have free shipping for orders that total a certain amount of money.

PizzaPie

I have had good experiences with both Green Mountain Diapers and Cotton Babies (love their free shipping), and also Tiny Birds Organics has pretty good sale prices, especially if you search for a coupon code: www.TinyBirdsOrganics.com. My daughter is hard to fit, so now we get all of her "pre-fitteds" from Tammy at Tinkle Traps: www.tinkletraps.com You'd think they would be costly being custom-made, but they are relatively inexpensive, & turned out to be cheaper in the long run for us. If you are just venturing into this, the GMD prefolds are a good way to start; that's what we used for about a year w/Snappis, but have since switched to snapping diapers, since my daughter started ripping the Snappis off. Good luck, it can be overwhelming at first but will get easier!

penguingrooves

i'm a little late, but i use:

www.abbyslane.com

it used to be an online-only store, but there's a physical location in manassas, VA. quick & free US shipping, great service. i even offered to have them discount the shipping portion of my order when i wanted to return since it was my error, but they refunded the whole amount. for most products, there's a 5% discount code which goes out monthly if you sign up from the newsletter. besides the promo stuff, the newsletter sometimes has diapering tips at the end. and the owner knows what she's talking about - she has 5 or 6 kids. i don't know how she does it all.

wavegal

I've used momsmilkboutique.com, great shipping which is free over $25, also have used sweetbottombaby.com and they are great, always free ship and rewards for shopping, they usually have a 5% off code available too

Ashersmama

I love diaperswappers.com! It's free to join, has great forums (my due date club is on there) on every subject imaginable and has awesome deals on diapers that are in EUC (excellent used condition)! You can barter for good deals and even trade if you don't want something that you bought. It takes a little to get to know the acronyms and such, but some reading and digging will help that!
The best thing about buying used daipers is (the price of course) that they are already prepped for you to use! When you buy new, you have to prep them and that can take many washings to do. If they aren't prepped, they won't absorb as well.
CD-ing is MY addiction and I love it!!!

jeminijad

The best thing about buying used daipers is (the price of course) that they are already prepped for you to use! When you buy new, you have to prep them and that can take many washings to do. If they aren't prepped, they won't absorb as well.
CD-ing is MY addiction and I love it!!!

Prepping is only necessary for natural fibers.

When I CD'd, I wasn't doing it to save money, so I bought things frequently. I used kellyscloset for most things because they were doing a free one size diaper w/$25 purchase for so long, and it was easy to hit the $49 minimum for free shipping. With their rewards points and the free OS, I did really well.

If you are the type that wants to buy a single $10 item at a time and get it shipped free, they aren't the best.

paintedbison

i'm a little late, but i use:

www.abbyslane.com

it used to be an online-only store, but there's a physical location in manassas, VA. quick & free US shipping, great service. i even offered to have them discount the shipping portion of my order when i wanted to return since it was my error, but they refunded the whole amount. for most products, there's a 5% discount code which goes out monthly if you sign up from the newsletter. besides the promo stuff, the newsletter sometimes has diapering tips at the end. and the owner knows what she's talking about - she has 5 or 6 kids. i don't know how she does it all.

We loved abbyslane!

Meg

My favorite is kissedbythemoon.com. Shipping is free and I've never paid full price for anything. Also, there are different tiers, so depending on how much you spend different freebies are thrown in. I've gotten free CJs butter, 2 free wet bags, free cover, free AIO, free book, free Kissed cash, etc. Also, you get points for every dollar you spend and then you can redeem the points for "kissed cash" to spend when you shop. I just ordered 3 of the brand new Thirsties Duo AIOs and got them for just $35 total because of the great sales. Since I discovered her store, I haven't shopped anywhere else. The CS is fabulous too.

If you like her FB page, you'll be updated to the giveaways, flash sales, specials, etc. Oh, and sign up for the newsletters for extra codes!

Rosey

I do cottonbabies, kellyscloset (if I have a large order) and sweetangeldiapers

I use diaper swappers but most times I'd rather get a brand new item for just $3-5 more!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC