Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite place to buy cloth diapers

We're getting green mountain prefolds and want to try out Bummis, Thirsties duo wraps, Rumperooz, and Blueberry covers. Since this is my first time CDing I have no idea which online stores are 'good'. I've ordered a few things through cottonbabies.com, but that's about all I know. Thoughts?
    Mommy to L - 11.5 yrs, 160 lbs, 4'9" riding in seat belt
    F - 4.5 yrs, 33 lbs, 39" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestome
    A - 3 yrs, 32 lbs, 37" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestone

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Favorite place to buy cloth diapers

I've had good luck with nicki's diapers, diaper junction, mom's milk boutique, and kelly's closet. I just browse through all of them to see which one has the best sales or offers at the moment. "Liking" the various stores on Facebook will sometimes help you get good codes to save money.

I didn't have a very good experience with the Rumparooz brand store... Kanga Care or something like that? But I may have just gotten unlucky. It wasn't horrible, they just had a big sale and didn't really handle it very well.
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65

CPS Fanatic
    Diaperjunction.com and sewcraftybaby.com

Ya I'll never order from kanga care again. It was awful.

I really love Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique They ship really fast, have free samples, and package things beautifully. And it's run by moms.
    DS 1/2009, DD 2/2011
    Britax Frontier & Turbo Booster SS
    Cruising in a 2015 Pilot and 2002 Jeep Liberty

Mom's milk boutique is where I got several back when I thought I was going to do cloth. She is very nice.

--Sarah & D.J. (3-20-04)
    DS (08/07) ~ 8 ~ 52 pound ~ Graco Highback Turbobooster -- 3rd Grade!
    DD (08/11) ~ 4 yr ~ 32 lb ~ Britax Roundabout 50, Maestro -- Pre-K!

How's shipping at most of these?
    Mommy to L - 11.5 yrs, 160 lbs, 4'9" riding in seat belt
    F - 4.5 yrs, 33 lbs, 39" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestome
    A - 3 yrs, 32 lbs, 37" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestone

CPS Technician eyeslkethesky5391's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BritMum-in-US View Post
    I really love Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique They ship really fast, have free samples, and package things beautifully. And it's run by moms.

We actually have a store by them in raleigh/cary, nc and they are so knowledgeable
    Mommy to S (10/23/13) riding in a cowmoo pavilion and a RA50

I mostly use kelly's closet and moms milk boutique. I think shipping is still free at MMB and free over $49 at Kelly's closet. Both are really fast and good. Kelly's closet earns points you can use later for gift cards. I use hyena cart for handmade fitteds and other diapers but that's lots of different WAHZm shops. There I love Little Boppers and Elliemaebaby.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

Moderator - CPS Technician

I usually browse the sales at diaperpin.com and then order accordingly. Nickis diapers always has free shipping for diaper covers, fwiw, and many places have free shipping for orders that total a certain amount of money.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

One of my dear friends runs this store called Cloth Bottoms.
    DS 6 years/ 46 inches/ 44lbs riding harnessed in a Frontier 85 and Frontier 90
    DD Riding in a B-Safe

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela
    How's shipping at most of these?
    Sewcraftybaby.com has free shipping. And a discount code on her fb usually.

I have had good experiences with both Green Mountain Diapers and Cotton Babies (love their free shipping), and also Tiny Birds Organics has pretty good sale prices, especially if you search for a coupon code: www.TinyBirdsOrganics.com. My daughter is hard to fit, so now we get all of her "pre-fitteds" from Tammy at Tinkle Traps: www.tinkletraps.com You'd think they would be costly being custom-made, but they are relatively inexpensive, & turned out to be cheaper in the long run for us. If you are just venturing into this, the GMD prefolds are a good way to start; that's what we used for about a year w/Snappis, but have since switched to snapping diapers, since my daughter started ripping the Snappis off. Good luck, it can be overwhelming at first but will get easier!

Senior Community Member penguingrooves's Avatar
    i'm a little late, but i use:

www.abbyslane.com

it used to be an online-only store, but there's a physical location in manassas, VA. quick & free US shipping, great service. i even offered to have them discount the shipping portion of my order when i wanted to return since it was my error, but they refunded the whole amount. for most products, there's a 5% discount code which goes out monthly if you sign up from the newsletter. besides the promo stuff, the newsletter sometimes has diapering tips at the end. and the owner knows what she's talking about - she has 5 or 6 kids. i don't know how she does it all.
    sprog #1: age 12 in a mifold.
    sprog #2: age 9 in a mifold.
    sprog #3: age 7 in a RF britax MT.
    marriage partner #1 and me all squished in a honda fit. i don't recommend our arrangement, so if you have 3 kiddos, get a bigger car.

I've used momsmilkboutique.com, great shipping which is free over $25, also have used sweetbottombaby.com and they are great, always free ship and rewards for shopping, they usually have a 5% off code available too
    L 12/08 riding in a Zebra FR90 52lbs 48in
    J 12/11 riding rfing in a Laguna G4 BLVD 28lbs 35in

A 10/14 riding in a SS1!

I love diaperswappers.com! It's free to join, has great forums (my due date club is on there) on every subject imaginable and has awesome deals on diapers that are in EUC (excellent used condition)! You can barter for good deals and even trade if you don't want something that you bought. It takes a little to get to know the acronyms and such, but some reading and digging will help that!
    The best thing about buying used daipers is (the price of course) that they are already prepped for you to use! When you buy new, you have to prep them and that can take many washings to do. If they aren't prepped, they won't absorb as well.
    CD-ing is MY addiction and I love it!!!

Senior Community Member jeminijad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ashersmama View Post
    The best thing about buying used daipers is (the price of course) that they are already prepped for you to use! When you buy new, you have to prep them and that can take many washings to do. If they aren't prepped, they won't absorb as well.
    CD-ing is MY addiction and I love it!!!
    Prepping is only necessary for natural fibers.

When I CD'd, I wasn't doing it to save money, so I bought things frequently. I used kellyscloset for most things because they were doing a free one size diaper w/$25 purchase for so long, and it was easy to hit the $49 minimum for free shipping. With their rewards points and the free OS, I did really well.

If you are the type that wants to buy a single $10 item at a time and get it shipped free, they aren't the best.
    R, 2/09 * various boosters
    C, 5/11 * FF in Radians
    O, 12/14 * RF in Radians

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." - Alexander Pope

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by penguingrooves View Post
    i'm a little late, but i use:

www.abbyslane.com

it used to be an online-only store, but there's a physical location in manassas, VA. quick & free US shipping, great service. i even offered to have them discount the shipping portion of my order when i wanted to return since it was my error, but they refunded the whole amount. for most products, there's a 5% discount code which goes out monthly if you sign up from the newsletter. besides the promo stuff, the newsletter sometimes has diapering tips at the end. and the owner knows what she's talking about - she has 5 or 6 kids. i don't know how she does it all.
    We loved abbyslane!
    DD age 9
    DS age 7
    DD age 5
    DS age 2

My favorite is kissedbythemoon.com. Shipping is free and I've never paid full price for anything. Also, there are different tiers, so depending on how much you spend different freebies are thrown in. I've gotten free CJs butter, 2 free wet bags, free cover, free AIO, free book, free Kissed cash, etc. Also, you get points for every dollar you spend and then you can redeem the points for "kissed cash" to spend when you shop. I just ordered 3 of the brand new Thirsties Duo AIOs and got them for just $35 total because of the great sales. Since I discovered her store, I haven't shopped anywhere else. The CS is fabulous too.

If you like her FB page, you'll be updated to the giveaways, flash sales, specials, etc. Oh, and sign up for the newsletters for extra codes!

I do cottonbabies, kellyscloset (if I have a large order) and sweetangeldiapers

I use diaper swappers but most times I'd rather get a brand new item for just $3-5 more!