Boosters for contoured seats

mamakc

I noticed an irritating little issue w/ my DH's car. The rare few times we've tried using the Turbobooster in it (outboard), it leans quite a bit toward the center because the outside of the bench slopes up at the edge by the door. I am sure this isn't the only vehicle like that, so I am wondering if anyone has figured out a solution for that?

ADS

kirst

maby a narrower booster would help. I have the same problem with a big kid booster but I just deal with it because the kid that uses it isnt here regularly. what kind of car is it in?

mamakc

it's a 2000 Toyota corolla. I don't think there are many narrower than the TB, but I know the shape of the TB is so boxy and flat on the bottom there's no hope for it in that car. It's perfect in mine, though.
I am entered to win a vivo... so maybe I can hope to try that out, eh? lol
Is the probooster similar? Any others?
Anyone else wish the harmony literider/youth whatever it is came w/ a back? It looks like it would be perfect, but not for an almost-but-not-quite 5 year old.

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I've found the best boosters for those seats are the ones with a base like the vivo, compass b540 and I think the probooster would work since it has feet too. The harmony HB is narrow and fits littles well.

mamakc

Do any of the ones mentioned also work well w/ long buckle stalks? The ones in question make the parkway incompatible. Do other boosters also not allow that?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC