:-D DS rode FF for the first time on Friday....

trishlynne

He's 17 months, and 25 lbs. I was at the carwash vacuuming out the car. We were done, and there were two cars waiting to use the vacuum, so I was hurrying. I started to reinstall his seat RF, but it's not fast or easy, and I know installing it FF is (it's a MA). So....I put it FF, and buckled him in. OMG! He rode the whole way GRIPPING the sides of his car seat and looking rather alarmed! LOL! Suffice to say I IMMEDIATELY turned him back around as soon as we got home. :) He'll stay RF until he either gets too tall, or hits 33 lbs. Which will be quite some time.

ADS

MelllieMa

haha

I was all prepared to tell you about the benefits of extended rear-facing, then read the rest of your post and was ROFL!
I'm glad you turned him back around again, poor little guy!;)
You must be in some lucky area to have had a nice enough day to go to the car wash. Aaaahh, sunshine.... I am waiting for you...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
OMG! I hope Janice sees this! She described the EXACT situation from the other day when Cias rode FF for the first time! Gripping the sides of the seat in utter fear...

After being at lifesavers, she's decided that even the extreme inconvenience of installing her seat RF in her truck is worth it (Now I can't even remember which workshop it was, but when Darren asked about how kids fared in crashes who were rearfacing, the presenter's eyes lit up and she said RF kids usually did beautifully in even terrible crashes...you could tell she was ALL for extended RF!)

M

Mommy2Cias

Heehee.. Cias did that last Tuesday..... right before I left for Lifesavers I turned his seat around in dh's truck b/c it was so hard to install rf.. . After going to the side impact protection workshop, I decided that he's going back rf until I absolutly have NO choice but to turn him. I'm sure by the time he reaches 33 pounds, a higher rf weight limit seat will be out. That would be awesome!!!!!

Cias didn't like it either.. He was scared the whole time. He doesn't talk much, so he didn't say anything, but he spent most of the ride(a 2 hour round trip) gripping the sides of his seat totally freaked out. I found myself driving slower and more cautiously too.... LOL.. I should drive like that more often. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC