PlanetBox has new items

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
* Winter Wonderland magnets
* Updated carry bags with new lining, elastics for utensils, removable shoulder strap, and now available in black
* fork/spoon set which can fit in long compartment or in elastics in new carry bag

Ever Green and Aqua bags don't have all the new features yet (only updated lining) so they are on sale for $10 each.

http://www.planetbox.com/catalog/index.php

I ordered a set of cutlery for each of the girls and the WW magnets for DD2. I know DD1 would like the black bag, but her bag is fine so I'm not replacing it yet. I do hate the lining of the current bag as I don't think it's very durable. DD2's has holes in some of the corners as I'm guessing she must catch it in the zipper when she closes it. A heavier duty material would resolve this (which is what I think they've changed to) or having the grey inside sit a little lower than it does.

Last edited:
ADS

Holly

I was just coming to post this! I love the look of the new bags and I agree the new lining was needed and is a good change. Not replacing Hannah's bag yet, but I like the changes. I also like the black bag.

Holly

I just realized that I have a bag with the new lining! Several weeks ago we got a hole in the lining of our bag so I emailed the company and they sent a replacement bag. I asked if they wanted the other one back, she said "no, keep it for backup". We continued using the old one a while longer. I opened the new bag today and it has the new lining inside! It's a dark grey. It's soooooo nice! Feels much more durable. I love it! That's the only thing different about the bags I have, I don't have the new mesh pocket, elastic straps, padded carry handle, or shoulder strap. Did they change the outside fabric too? I thought I heard something like that. I was packing lunch when I got out the new bag so I didn't pay too much attention to it. I'll have to compare the bags again later.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I just realized that I have a bag with the new lining! Several weeks ago we got a hole in the lining of our bag so I emailed the company and they sent a replacement bag. I asked if they wanted the other one back, she said "no, keep it for backup". We continued using the old one a while longer. I opened the new bag today and it has the new lining inside! It's a dark grey. It's soooooo nice! Feels much more durable. I love it! That's the only thing different about the bags I have, I don't have the new mesh pocket, elastic straps, padded carry handle, or shoulder strap. Did they change the outside fabric too? I thought I heard something like that. I was packing lunch when I got out the new bag so I didn't pay too much attention to it. I'll have to compare the bags again later.

Cool! :thumbsup: Take pics if you have a chance!

I don't think they changed the outside fabric, I think it was only the other changes you mentioned.

My cutlery and WW magnets have shipped. Hoping that USPS/customs/Canada Post aren't too slow yet so they make it before X-mas. I was going to give the girls those items in their X-mas stockings!

Oh, by the way, don't wash your magnets in the dishwasher...let's just say that a couple weeks ago I had to order DD a new set of fairy magnets...:whistle:

Holly

I'll definitely take pics when Hannah gets home.
Her water bottle seemed to fit more snug inside the drink holder, I wonder if it's a little different or if it's just that her old bag's drink holder was stretched out from being used. The planetbox seemed to fit more snugly inside the new bag too come to think of it.
Not a problem, it still fit, just didn't seem as loose.

I want to get her another magnet set or two for her stocking. I don't know which ones I want to get yet though. I might also get the big and little dipper set, I didn't buy those when we got it and I think they might be very useful now.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I want to get her another magnet set or two for her stocking. I don't know which ones I want to get yet though. I might also get the big and little dipper set, I didn't buy those when we got it and I think they might be very useful now.
I haven't actually used the dipper set much for DD2. She can't actually open the big one on her own so I tend to pack things that don't need the dipper. I'm sure her Kindy teacher has enough kids to help so I like to pack DD things that she can do all on her own. So, I haven't used the little dipper much either. I expect they'll get more use as she gets older, but I bet I could have easily done without them for her right now.

DD2 has the rainbow, under the sea, fairies magnets currently. She likes them all.

DD1 uses the dipper sets more. She's packed the big one full of yogurt (as an aside if you put granola in yogurt, pack the granola separately else it's soggy by lunchtime!). The little one gets uses quite often to pack hummus, salsa, and other dips for veggies or crackers. And on days she has dance right after school, she'll pack some extra snacks in the big dipper for between school and dance.

twinsmom

I was going to post this too! Looks cool.

Does anyone have issues with the magnets? The design plastic front is peeling up on the sides of my magnets. I think it might be because I wash them (sometimes I hand wash the whole planetbox and leave the magnets on so they get cleaned too).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I was going to post this too! Looks cool.

Does anyone have issues with the magnets? The design plastic front is peeling up on the sides of my magnets. I think it might be because I wash them (sometimes I hand wash the whole planetbox and leave the magnets on so they get cleaned too).
I'd say the washing is the problem. That's exactly what happened to DD2's fairy set after I put it in the dishwasher and forgot to pull the magnets off. :rolleyes: My dishwasher is a European one so doesn't have an exposed heating element at the bottom for drying, so I think that's why the only thing that happened was peeling edges.

What we normally do is just give the magnets a light wipe with a damp cloth, pull them off and then put the box into the dishwasher.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I didn't know the liner was updated...hmmm... not that we have any problems with ours (knock on wood).
I use the big dipper for days Leah wants a fruit cup, she can't peel back the plastic without spilling, so I dump it in there for her, put her protein things (almonds, beef jerky, string cheese) in the littler compartments, and she can eat it without spilling. Little dipper for nutella to dip pretzels in.
I love it when the grownups ask me where I got Leah's cool lunchbox. :love:

Holly

Hannah is home, here are pics of both bags.

Old bag on left, new bag on right.

2011-11-29154537.jpg

2011-11-29154603.jpg

2011-11-29154357.jpg

Old bag

2011-11-29154417.jpg

New bag

2011-11-29154431.jpg

Holly

I really like the new lining! It feels like it will hold up a lot better than the old lining.
The outside fabric feels the same to me.

The bags with all the new features look really nice!
I like the grey piping around the edges instead of black and I like the planetbox logo on the pocket. I don't know why but the grey gives it a softer look. The bigger, padded carry handle looks really nice too.
I'll get one for Hannah somewhere down the line, when Abby gets her own planetbox for school (Next school year if she gets all day kindergarten, the year after that if not).

ETA, their prices have gone up a bit.
When I ordered, the basic planetbox with one set of magnets was $35, now it's $40.
The carry bag was $15, now it's $20 (But the carry bag has a lot of positive changes so that's ok).
I think the entire set is still the same price as it was before though.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah, I have the old style, but it's newer than the original style, that had only a black neoprene pocket on the outside for drinks. The old one makes a fabulous netbook bag (if I ever took my netbook anywhere, that is, lol, but it fits great and there's room for cables and extra battery :))
The black would look totally cool with Leah's black LLBean back pack in a couple years when she can't fit the planet box AND books in there, lol, but she likes the Starry Blue...

R&J'sMom

I have 2 of the new carry bags arriving tomorrow. I'll post pics when I get them. :)
I've heard the outer fabric is different - more like the texture of a backpack.

Holly

R&J'sMom said:
I have 2 of the new carry bags arriving tomorrow. I'll post pics when I get them. :)
I've heard the outer fabric is different - more like the texture of a backpack.

Yeah, I thought I heard something like that. Let us know if the outer fabric feels different.

bella_1818

I really wished they'd make a Pottery Barn exclusive version that matched the Pottery Barn backpacks. I like the idea of the Planetbox, but I really like for DS's backpack and lunchbox to match :eek:

R&J'sMom

I really wished they'd make a Pottery Barn exclusive version that matched the Pottery Barn backpacks. I like the idea of the Planetbox, but I really like for DS's backpack and lunchbox to match :eek:

Can't you pick out one of the colors in the backpack and get a Planetbox carry bag that matches? They have lots of new colors although I wish they would get a better shade of green. DS2 loves green but not evergreen. Orange would be cool too. I wouldn't mind a chocolate brown carry bag for myself :whistle:

I'll take pics of the new bags later today. I love them! The outer fabric is totally different and the ice pouch is smaller (so it fits their custom ice pack) . We've been swamped this weekend with a baseball game, a festival, and a birthday party.

Holly

Thanks so much for those pictures! I totally want one now! I'll order a new bag for Hannah before next school year. When I get on the computer instead of my phone, I'll rep you!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC