My Britax Retro kit came today!
and YES there is a lovely little sticker to attach to your cover :thumbsdown:
Here's what's in the kit:
New LATCH strap
Push rivet fastner
2 slip resistant strips
2 alcohol wipes
updated user guide

The instructions say to remove and discard the old latch strap and user guide after installing to new longer strap and new user guide.

ADS

mwbnc

I have a question about the kit. I just bought a new regent last week that is DOM in may so it is not an updated one. I did register it online yesterday.....so am sure I will get the kit eventually. However, my son is 5 yrs old and 43 lb so I have it installed SBP with the seatbelt. So, do I even need to bother putting on the new latch strap since I won't ever use it???

supercrunch

Wow! That was fast.
I can't wait to get mine.

They are going to get a lovely "wth were you thinking???" phone call from me once it arrives.

The sticker is just absolutely absurd, and I want to know if they are going to keep a constant supply of them coming for every time I have to wash the cover. :p

Lys

Senior Community Member
I have a question about the kit. I just bought a new regent last week that is DOM in may so it is not an updated one. I did register it online yesterday.....so am sure I will get the kit eventually. However, my son is 5 yrs old and 43 lb so I have it installed SBP with the seatbelt. So, do I even need to bother putting on the new latch strap since I won't ever use it???

Not unless you are going to sell it.
I'm in the same boat as you.
My DS is 5yo 42lbs and 44" and I can't use LATCH in my Honda because their limit is 40lbs. So mine's installed with SBP w/ seat belt ,recline bar and tethered.
I think I'm going to install everything but the sticker just so I don't lose the parts.

CrabbyBunchX3

what shipping method was used??
I register every seat to my parents address [since we rent and they own] and I'd like to tell them what to keep an eye out for :)

Mama2J

I haven't received my kit yet, but I have a couple of questions if anyone knows:

- Are there instructions to remove the old LATCH strap? I tried to take it out this morning when I re-installed with the seatbelt and it is connected in there with something.
- How is it possible to use the long LATCH strap for both a long and short install? Wouldn't they have to be routed differently? Or do you have to move it depending what type of install you're doing?

Lys

Senior Community Member
I haven't received my kit yet, but I have a couple of questions if anyone knows:

- Are there instructions to remove the old LATCH strap? I tried to take it out this morning when I re-installed with the seatbelt and it is connected in there with something.
- How is it possible to use the long LATCH strap for both a long and short install? Wouldn't they have to be routed differently? Or do you have to move it depending what type of install you're doing?

Yes it does come with instructions on how to remove the old latch strap.

And with the new latch strap, it will be long enough to do both the short and long paths and has a longer strap that attches to the seat. When you see it you will understand how it can be used in both applications

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
To get the old latch straps off, you just pull super hard. Hard enough where i thought forsure I was going to break the little plastic piece but then it came off, and it didn't even break. I wish i had done that long ago, because my belts aren't long enough to fit into the little pockets on the side.

Cindy&Connor

I got mine yesterday too. What are the anti slip things for? I read the instructions and I know where to put them but why would you need them? Wouldn't it make some people think they have a tight install when they really didn't?

I don't have the energy to call about the stupid sticker but if anyone does, please let us know what they say. I'm not going to use it but I'm really upset about it. It would be one thing if the instructions were on the shell but a sticker on the cover is really tacky.

ajweeks

I got mine yesterday as well. Now I just need to find the energy to uninstall that beast once again and stick on those grip things. I'm not sure if I'll bother with the new latch strap or not yet because I doubt I'll ever use it unless I go to sell the seat.

mwbnc

What are the grip things that come with it? If am not going to use the new latch straps b/c my son is too big will I still need to uninstall it and put on grip things? I sure hope not. It took all day to get it in good the way it is.

ajweeks

The grip things are thick adhesive strips to put on the bottom of the plastic shell. I'm assuming this is to help with movement of the seat. I just put mine on and reinstalled my Regent in an 07 Ody Captain's chair very solid. I'm not sure if the strips made any difference, but they might in an accident. I put on the new manual, but didn't bother with the latch strap and sticker. I'm stashing those away in case I ever sell the seat.

I am concerned about my seat belt though. It was really crimped and buckled right where the buckle is when installed. Will having your seat belt really stretched and bunched up at the buckle stock permanently damage it?

mwbnc

The grip things are thick adhesive strips to put on the bottom of the plastic shell. I'm assuming this is to help with movement of the seat. I just put mine on and reinstalled my Regent in an 07 Ody Captain's chair very solid. I'm not sure if the strips made any difference, but they might in an accident. I put on the new manual, but didn't bother with the latch strap and sticker. I'm stashing those away in case I ever sell the seat.

I am concerned about my seat belt though. It was really crimped and buckled right where the buckle is when installed. Will having your seat belt really stretched and bunched up at the buckle stock permanently damage it?

Dang I dont' want to have to install that stinking seat again.....the thought almost makes me cry. Having to wrestle that monster out in the heat. Is there anyone that isn't going to put the adhesive things on? My seat is in there SOLID but it took forever!

I too have mine installed in an "07 Ody captain chair and my seatbelt is pulled super tight and a little crimped as well. I have also wondered if it could result in damage to the belt.

Mama2J

Yes it does come with instructions on how to remove the old latch strap.

And with the new latch strap, it will be long enough to do both the short and long paths and has a longer strap that attches to the seat. When you see it you will understand how it can be used in both applications

Thanks! :D Still haven't gotten it yet... waiting, waiting... I hope my husband doesn't think it's junk mail again.

Momto1bigkiddo

I haven't gotten anything from them yet and I mailed in the registration card and also registered online! I am way over on the west coast though, I know Britax is in North Carolina. Has anyone on the west coast recieved their advisory letter or kit in the mail yet?

ETA: I finally recieved my letter on July 23rd. Now just waiting for the kit.

Last edited:

oxeye

I haven't gotten anything from them yet and I mailed in the registration card and also registered online! I am way over on the west coast though, I know Britax is in North Carolina. Has anyone in or around California recieved their advisory letter or kit in the mail yet?

I'm in NV and I got the advisory letter a few days ago but no kit yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC