Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's here!

Exclamation It's here!

My Britax Retro kit came today!
    and YES there is a lovely little sticker to attach to your cover
    Here's what's in the kit:
    New LATCH strap
    Push rivet fastner
    2 slip resistant strips
    2 alcohol wipes
    updated user guide

The instructions say to remove and discard the old latch strap and user guide after installing to new longer strap and new user guide.
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM
    Mia 13, Ian 10, Clek Olli x2, TB and BubbleBum

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: It's here!

I have a question about the kit. I just bought a new regent last week that is DOM in may so it is not an updated one. I did register it online yesterday.....so am sure I will get the kit eventually. However, my son is 5 yrs old and 43 lb so I have it installed SBP with the seatbelt. So, do I even need to bother putting on the new latch strap since I won't ever use it???

Senior Community Member supercrunch's Avatar

Wow! That was fast.
    I can't wait to get mine.

They are going to get a lovely "wth were you thinking???" phone call from me once it arrives.

The sticker is just absolutely absurd, and I want to know if they are going to keep a constant supply of them coming for every time I have to wash the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbnc View Post
    I have a question about the kit. I just bought a new regent last week that is DOM in may so it is not an updated one. I did register it online yesterday.....so am sure I will get the kit eventually. However, my son is 5 yrs old and 43 lb so I have it installed SBP with the seatbelt. So, do I even need to bother putting on the new latch strap since I won't ever use it???
    Not unless you are going to sell it.
    I'm in the same boat as you.
    My DS is 5yo 42lbs and 44" and I can't use LATCH in my Honda because their limit is 40lbs. So mine's installed with SBP w/ seat belt ,recline bar and tethered.
    I think I'm going to install everything but the sticker just so I don't lose the parts.
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM

Senior Community Member CrabbyBunchX3's Avatar

what shipping method was used??
    I register every seat to my parents address [since we rent and they own] and I'd like to tell them what to keep an eye out for
    Mama to 3 great kids
    DD1 [2004] 47lbs, SK Monterey
    DS [2005] 40.9lbs, FF Cougar Regent
    DD2 [2007] 40.7lbs, FF Graco Nautilus
    Wishing someone would pass the water

Carseat Crazy

I haven't received my kit yet, but I have a couple of questions if anyone knows:

- Are there instructions to remove the old LATCH strap? I tried to take it out this morning when I re-installed with the seatbelt and it is connected in there with something.
    - How is it possible to use the long LATCH strap for both a long and short install? Wouldn't they have to be routed differently? Or do you have to move it depending what type of install you're doing?

Quote Originally Posted by donnas View Post
    I haven't received my kit yet, but I have a couple of questions if anyone knows:

- Are there instructions to remove the old LATCH strap? I tried to take it out this morning when I re-installed with the seatbelt and it is connected in there with something.
    - How is it possible to use the long LATCH strap for both a long and short install? Wouldn't they have to be routed differently? Or do you have to move it depending what type of install you're doing?
    Yes it does come with instructions on how to remove the old latch strap.

And with the new latch strap, it will be long enough to do both the short and long paths and has a longer strap that attches to the seat. When you see it you will understand how it can be used in both applications
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM

CPS Technician

To get the old latch straps off, you just pull super hard. Hard enough where i thought forsure I was going to break the little plastic piece but then it came off, and it didn't even break. I wish i had done that long ago, because my belts aren't long enough to fit into the little pockets on the side.

Carseat Crazy

I got mine yesterday too. What are the anti slip things for? I read the instructions and I know where to put them but why would you need them? Wouldn't it make some people think they have a tight install when they really didn't?

I don't have the energy to call about the stupid sticker but if anyone does, please let us know what they say. I'm not going to use it but I'm really upset about it. It would be one thing if the instructions were on the shell but a sticker on the cover is really tacky.
    Cindy
    Mom to DS 3/10/04 Vivo and DD 3/27/10 in a Marathon

Carseat Crazy

I got mine yesterday as well. Now I just need to find the energy to uninstall that beast once again and stick on those grip things. I'm not sure if I'll bother with the new latch strap or not yet because I doubt I'll ever use it unless I go to sell the seat.
    Ben (2/18/02), FF in Britax Parkway, Britax StarRiser/Comfy and Combi Strollee McKinley
    Julia (9/15/04), FF Graco Nautilus (harnessed)
    Elizabeth (4/27/08), RF Britax RA

Quote Originally Posted by _Jessica_ View Post
    what shipping method was used??
    I register every seat to my parents address [since we rent and they own] and I'd like to tell them what to keep an eye out for
    anyone?
    Mama to 3 great kids

Carseat Crazy

Mine came USPS Priority Mail.
    Ben (2/18/02), FF in Britax Parkway, Britax StarRiser/Comfy and Combi Strollee McKinley

What are the grip things that come with it? If am not going to use the new latch straps b/c my son is too big will I still need to uninstall it and put on grip things? I sure hope not. It took all day to get it in good the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ajweeks View Post
    Mine came USPS Priority Mail.
    Thank you
    Mama to 3 great kids

Carseat Crazy

The grip things are thick adhesive strips to put on the bottom of the plastic shell. I'm assuming this is to help with movement of the seat. I just put mine on and reinstalled my Regent in an 07 Ody Captain's chair very solid. I'm not sure if the strips made any difference, but they might in an accident. I put on the new manual, but didn't bother with the latch strap and sticker. I'm stashing those away in case I ever sell the seat.

I am concerned about my seat belt though. It was really crimped and buckled right where the buckle is when installed. Will having your seat belt really stretched and bunched up at the buckle stock permanently damage it?

Quote Originally Posted by ajweeks View Post
    The grip things are thick adhesive strips to put on the bottom of the plastic shell. I'm assuming this is to help with movement of the seat. I just put mine on and reinstalled my Regent in an 07 Ody Captain's chair very solid. I'm not sure if the strips made any difference, but they might in an accident. I put on the new manual, but didn't bother with the latch strap and sticker. I'm stashing those away in case I ever sell the seat.

I am concerned about my seat belt though. It was really crimped and buckled right where the buckle is when installed. Will having your seat belt really stretched and bunched up at the buckle stock permanently damage it?
    Dang I dont' want to have to install that stinking seat again.....the thought almost makes me cry. Having to wrestle that monster out in the heat. Is there anyone that isn't going to put the adhesive things on? My seat is in there SOLID but it took forever!

I too have mine installed in an "07 Ody captain chair and my seatbelt is pulled super tight and a little crimped as well. I have also wondered if it could result in damage to the belt.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by lodonal65 View Post
    Yes it does come with instructions on how to remove the old latch strap.

And with the new latch strap, it will be long enough to do both the short and long paths and has a longer strap that attches to the seat. When you see it you will understand how it can be used in both applications
    Thanks! Still haven't gotten it yet... waiting, waiting... I hope my husband doesn't think it's junk mail again.

CPS Advocate

I got 2 today... somehow they have me having 2 regent seats but I dont lol!
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

I haven't gotten anything from them yet and I mailed in the registration card and also registered online! I am way over on the west coast though, I know Britax is in North Carolina. Has anyone on the west coast recieved their advisory letter or kit in the mail yet?

ETA: I finally recieved my letter on July 23rd. Now just waiting for the kit.
    Last edited by Momto1bigkiddo; 01-07-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    Katie, proud mom to one brilliant boy.
    4 years old, 44'' tall, 16.25'' torso, 42 lbs.
    Riding in a Britax Regent - Onyx

Quote Originally Posted by Momto1bigkiddo View Post
    I haven't gotten anything from them yet and I mailed in the registration card and also registered online! I am way over on the west coast though, I know Britax is in North Carolina. Has anyone in or around California recieved their advisory letter or kit in the mail yet?
    I'm in NV and I got the advisory letter a few days ago but no kit yet.
    Roxie -- CPST and mommy to:
    DD1 - 11, DD2 - 9, DS - 5