car seat snowsuits

ADS

cookie123

It looks kind of puffy. I haven't seen it irl. I used the Columbia ones for Matthew and they worked great. I got them off ebay for cheap at the time.

BananaBoat

I have a similar one and it's great for car seats :)

:yeahthatlove:

We had that one for DD1 for 2 years in a row & it's awesome. Works great for car seats. BUT it runs HUGE! Like, a size 3-6 month fit my fairly average sized 18 month old! Read the reviews on sizing.

Polola0628

We've used the Outside Baby Windproof pants and jacket. They're really thin- the inside is thin fleece and the outside is windbreaker material (but soft, not the mylar like stuff, lol). The sizing seems strange, but DD has used the 9-18 month size since she was about 9mos- she turns 2 next month. We had to fold the cuffs at first, but that was fine because they are meant to grow with your child. This is the set we have (these are stock photos):
IMG_1342.jpg

85243465_125.jpg

And they make a snowsuit version (Outside Baby Windproof Fleece Bunting):
51XjCV5rfwL.jpg

The are kinda pricey.. but I got mine on Spots Corner for $18 so go figure... I do see them on clearance a lot though.

mfcleveland

Thanks for all your suggestions. Has anyone seen this one from One STep Ahead:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog...737&parentCategoryId=100180&categoryId=100186

And is this the one that people have from Columbia? Can you use both layers in the carseat? [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Unisex-Baby-BugaBaby-Interchange-Bodysuit/dp/B0050SN42S/ref=pd_sbs_a_3"]Amazon.com: Columbia Unisex-Baby Infant BugaBaby Interchange Bunting Bodysuit: Clothing[/ame]

Thanks so much!!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I use the ones from old navy, the microfleece ones, and the fleece from Lands' End. I am glad I found one for ds last year that would fit him this year since LE doesn't make 0-18mo sizes anymore.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Do you mean that those two I mentioned don't look good, or you just haven't seen them IRL?

No, those look too puffy. The first one looks super puffy, and the second one I have tried personally and it was too bulky. I love fleece suits for in the car, though, so just the fleece layer would be fine, or just the outer layer, but not both together.

The old navy sizing is 0-3, 3-6, 6-12. 12-18 & 18-24. The sizes 0-12mo have foot and hand flaps. The 12-24mo only have hand flaps. I think the 6-12 would be just fine. You don't want something too big as it will be baggy on the baby and lead to more bulk and looser straps. I bought 2 for my ds last year. The 6-12 & then the 12-18 in March since it was on clearance and he was finally walking. The 6-12 still fit him and he wore it still mostly. In store they were $10 yesterday. I am hoping they are still $10 on Monday when I have money to go buy some.

BananaBoat

That one looks good because it seems to be fleece inside and nylon or something on the outside to protect from wind, but do they make something like that with foldover hands and feet?

FWIW the LL Bean suit you posted in the OP is pretty wind & water resistant. My DD1 actually wore it in the snow a lot & never complained.

Last year (2.5 years old & wearing 3T tops, 2T pants - this is an 18-24 month size snowsuit)
IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC