Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Does this plan make sense???

Ok, Jackson is just tall period so it makes sense for me to have the tallest seat on the market so we are keeping at least one regent (it can go in the capt's chair of my Ford) At least untill something better comes along (crosses fingers)

So when prechool starts:
    Van: Regent
    MIL's car: ? Triumph Advanced?
    DH's truck: Apex

For the time being we can use the BV in MIL's car and put Camille back in the SS1. That will not last long. My sister needs the SS1 end of OCt. and Jackson just doesn't have much room in the BV. I am thinking that a Triumph Advanced would be a good tide over seat. He would have 1.5 in that seat. If I like it, it would be awesome for Camille to RF in till 35 lbs. My MIL is talking about getting an SUV so that would probably solve alot of my problems ( currantly Ford 500 )

So does anyone have any other ideas?

BTW, the Apex measures 17.25 and the BV only 16.25? ( I took the cover off the headrest to measure and made sure it was all the way up) I am not sure I want to keep the BV if it measures that low. I could put that money elsewhere....
    J-10.5 yrs, 100 lbs, 4 ft 10.5 ins-adult seatbelt
    C-9yrs-Britax Parkway SG, Clek ozzi, Incognito
    S-6.5 yrs -Britax Parkway SG,

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: Does this plan make sense???

yeah the BV is known to measure lower than the MA or DC.

if you want to get rid of the BV then you could get a second apex and a triumph(and not have to shell out any more money cause those 2 together would be the same price or slightly less than the BV lol!). How would that be?
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuvBug03 View Post
    yeah the BV is known to measure lower than the MA or DC.

if you want to get rid of the BV then you could get a second apex and a triumph(and not have to shell out any more money cause those 2 together would be the same price or slightly less than the BV lol!). How would that be?
    Actually, that sounds like a great plan!!! Now I just have to see if the BV will fit in any of the boxes I have on hand. Its only 3 months old and should retain most of its value. I also have a shannoh BV cover that is almost brand new.

CPS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by arly1983 View Post
    Actually, that sounds like a great plan!!! Now I just have to see if the BV will fit in any of the boxes I have on hand. Its only 3 months old and should retain most of its value. I also have a shannoh BV cover that is almost brand new.
    yay! you should get all if not more back with that shannon cover!!
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Senior Community Member

I just wonder about RF tethering, how important is that?

CPS Advocate

well that would be something to think about...
    I personally am OK with not having a rearfacing tether on a good seat in a good vehicle. Id just get a more cocoon like seat that a flat one(like the radian I wouldnt feel comfortable not tethering because it has so sides, kwim?)