Minivan for 5 small children

A

Ashley8407

Hello everyone.

I have a 2 year old DD and I have quadruplets on the way. I always swore I would never drive a minivan so I know nothing about them... but I think I have no choice now. :) DD is still RF and will be for at least another year or two, and of course the quads will RF as long as possible as well. I need something with 5 latch/tether seats and something where I do not have to fold down a seat/remove and reinstall a carseat every time I get the kiddos into the car. We don't have a ton to spend either, we were wanting to get a good used one for 20K-25K. I am really overwhelmed looking at all of these options for minivans, and I don't even know if I am looking at all of my options because I know nothing about them or what all makes/models there are out there.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi and congrats on the quads! For loads of kids (lol, anything over 2 is loads for me :p), you can't beat the Honda Odyssey. Since you're considering used, you may also want to look at the pre-2011 Toyota Sienna (Toyota removed a LATCH location when they revised the van).

nanny2be10

Congrats on your growing family! Hands down, 100%, I'd say go for a pre 2011 Sienna. Get an 8 passenger model. You can then decide if you want a center isle to reach the back kiddos or a side isle. Down the road you'll have so many more options with an 8 passenger. The middle seat in the second row is by far better than the Oddys 8th seat thats hard to find seats to fit. The Sienna has a full size seat!

mkmama

Another hands-down vote for 2005-2010 Sienna...you'll not find a mini-van that gives you more workable car seat options. Definitely get the 8th seat...that will allow you to do your 3 across in either the 2nd or 3rd row, whichever ends up working best (although its all going to be interesting with 4 newborns :) )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC