Need 5 pt Harness for Special Needs child

U

Unregistered

I am looking for a new 5 pt harness seat to replace my Marathon for my daughter. She is 4 1/2 yrs, 31lbs, and 40 inches. She has significant cognitive delays and low tone, so I want her to be in a harness as long as possible. I was disappointed that my Marathon is already not fitting her well. The crotch strap is far too short and she complains about it often. Any advice would be much appreciated!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Is she forward facing or rear? Where are her shoulders in relation to the slots on the Marathon?

Does she have a typical skeleton, do you know? Is it just muscular issues or are there skeletal issues as well? If so, I'd get a rear facing seat for her. If not, something like the Britax Frontier would harness her the longest.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

She just has low muscle tone. I'm most concerned about the harness fitting better. She has been FF for a while and I don't think we will turn her back around at this point. Thanks!

bethng

I second the britax frontier 85! I got two of the parents of my special needs students to get them for their kids and they just love them! Will keep them safe in a harness for a long time to come.

jessthayer

I have my 8 year old daughter with cerebral palsy in a Britax frontier and we love it. She also still needs the 5 point harness for stability. Look on amazon we got it for a hundred dollars less than in the store.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC