Car seat pics of my 9yo as an infant

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
How'd I do? I think pretty darn good for not knowing much! And if you remember those Century Smart Fit infant seats and the PITA rear-adjuster that you had to take the harness out, move the bar, and put it back, hoping it fit. I did get the seat 2nd hand and use an aftermarket headrest.

Picture3609.jpg

Picture3610.jpg

Picture3611.jpg

Picture3608.jpg

And just because he was so chunky! Look at those rolls lol, he was 4months here (that's some great mama milk at work):
Picture3612.jpg

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ok, I'm curious: what's the story with the straps changing color?

I don't think I ever took a car seat pic of my first. I had a secondhand (but from a friend, never crashed though I didn't know enough to ask more than that) rear-adjust 3-point SR20 seat that I used an aftermarket headrest in, too (but it didn't interfere with the straps, the seat wasn't expired or recalled, I ordered a manual, read it, and got it installed properly and used it correctly (tightness, harness height, handle position, etc.) For knowing nothing I think I did pretty well, too. And even though she HATED moving backward (sensory disorder, that didn't change until she was about 4) I kept her rear-facing until she was 17 months and 27 lbs. or so. 17 MONTHS of screaming in the car. *shudder* (but if I'd known, I'd have put up with it longer.)

4boysmom

Ok, I'm curious: what's the story with the straps changing color?

What?

We had that type of seat and to think I made a *concious* (minus the fact it is mispelled) decision of that one over a different one. That seat was "great" when we were using both cloth and disposibles diapers... and baby fell asleep. I'd have to do math computations in my head and guess if we needed to adjust then if too tight to buckle unbuckle readjust and rebuckle... seriously fun times when kiddo hated carseat anyway....

Keeanh

Yes, I remember that rear-adjust thingy well. I'm pretty sure the headrest in mine is aftermarket. It was in the seat when my neighbour gave it to me.

IMG_2099.JPG

cookie123

At first I didn't even think it was the same seat in the first pic as the others. It's a shadow from the sunshade.

You did pretty well, I'd say. You even got a 5 point so extra points for that!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC