backless booster for long drives

christineka

How can a kid be comfy and stay in place with no side support? Dd1 is really at the verge of being too tall for her parkway. I'm thinking we'll do the trip to and from the in laws' and then switch dd to a backless. She loves her "pillows". Is there some secret way of being comfortable and staying in place without side support?

ADS

hrice

Dustin has leaned out of the seat belt while in a deep sleep on a couple of occasions. I now choose to put him in a HBB for really long drives.

christineka

Dustin has leaned out of the seat belt while in a deep sleep on a couple of occasions. I now choose to put him in a HBB for really long drives.

The only hbb taller are the new sg parkway (that's what .5 inch taller?) and the frontier. Dd will be 12 in less than a month. I don't want to buy another hbb for her.

hrice

The couple times he did slouch I woke him up and had him reposition. If he is in between 2 car seats or outboard with a seat next to him and a pillow for his head on the other side he does well.

babyherder

I used to sit next to my little brother's car seat and lean on it to sleep. Not sure if that was safe but it was comfortable.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't know. I had the same problem with my (very tall) 9yo charge and we went the original Frontier route. Sitting them been two solid sip seats has been the only other semi-successful strategy I've attempted... But it was in his moms car so not sure how well it worked out.

ElfJewel

DD just outgrew the back on her Monterey (9y and really tall). She doesn't really fall asleep on the 4 hr drives we take so I'm not too worried about her. We're both sad to have her in a nbb though, even though she says it is comfortable.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Our older kids haven't been in boosters for a few years. We have a minivan. I move younger 2 Carseats to 3rd and give the older kids the captains chairs that wrap around them. They stay in position better when sleeping in the captains.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC