Turning around the 3 year old girl i watch :( should i?

krissybear25

I have 3 kids during the day, mine is 2 , and the girls I have are 3(C) and 4. I drive a grand caravan and only have tethers in the middle bench. So this is my set up now, in the middle bench I have driver side a rf myride my son usually sits in this but when I have the g irls the C sits there. In the middle I have a ff AO for the 4 year old. She's too big to be rf. And in the back middle I have a rf CA that I put my son in when I have the girls.
I'm thinking of switchong the CA and myride and turning C around. My reason is its really hard to get C in and out because of the high sides, and I think I have to move the harness height up( I keep checking it and I'm pretty sure her shoulders are at the next height.) If I turn her my son will have to sit in the back fulltime until I get tethers back there. I'm not exactly thrilled with that. But its a lose lose situatioon until I get tethers, (I've already called the dealership and they will put them in for free)
and rf C in the CA is not a option because she has reached the canadian height limit. Her stats are 31 pounds and 38 inches.
So what would u do?

ADS

momtoo3

What year is your van? I have a 03 Caravan. The 3rd row has a middle tether but not the outboard seats. My middle/2nd row bench has 2 tethers. Is it possible there could be a tether hidden back there?

krissybear25

Its a 98. I guess the latch manual says there should be 3 predrilled holes in the back. I called the parts department at my dealership and they said they would do all 3 for free I just have to call the service department. I just haven't had time lately.

momtoo3

Could you put the Myride RFing in the 3rd row for your son and the CA FFing in the second row for the 3yr old and flip it RFing when you need it on the weekends/when you don't have the other kids so you don't have to climb back to the 3rd row then? This would work better with the CA than the MR because of the front adjust harness.

I feel your pain. I do daycare and had to buy an extra 3rd row bench for my 2nd row to be able to get 6 car seats in the back and my 11 yr old in the front. It sucked. There was never a perfect solution and I was always pulling out seats on the weekend so my 11 yr old could sit in the back when dh was with us. Now I have 1 less kid which helps...a little.

krissybear25

I could do that but I would have to move the CA to the middle dog the middle bench cause it wont fir rfing behind the driver. And then the 4 yr old would be outboard right next to the door in a carseat with no side impact protection. The reason I really want to have my son in the middle is because in th morning when I drive to the girls house he falls back asleep in the car and if he's in the middle I can take him in so he continues sleeping. If he's in the back he wakes up and stays awake until after lunch. I guess I could put the back bench in the middle and attempt a 3 across

mominabigtruck

I have a 98 caravan and tethers in all outboard seats. I would just teach the 3yo how to climb in the seat on her own. I have a momentum which has way higher sides than a mr and ds3 has no problems getting in. I have a rfing momentum behind me and I rfing blvd on the passenger side and my garage door is on the passenger also so everyone crawls under on that side and he just climbs in his seat and I buckle him in.
Posted via Mobile Device

momtoo3

My kids can squeeze past the 3rd row seat in the 2nd row with no problem. It is not very easy for an adult though. It is also not very easy to get a 3 across on a 3rd row bench. I bet you could get a RF MR and RF CA next to each other though since the MR is high profile and the CA is low profile. I don't know if an AO would fit next to it though. We had an AO that ds2 outgrew by the time he turned 3. The 4 yr old you watch must be tiny. Ds3 would have been getting close to outgrowing the ones that go to 40 pounds but would be okay in a 50 pound one.

krissybear25

C's parents really don't want me rfing her :( I told them I would turn her around when I get more tethers. The 4 year old is 41 pounds and 41 inches. I believe she's on the highest height of a newer 50 pd AO. I know the a myride and CA puzzle soon well together rfing cause of done it in my car: ) I think I'm gonna try a 3 across. I have one other seat, a scenera. The 3 year old fits in the scenera ff. I've tried a 3 across before but only one configuration.

momtoo3

In my 03 a FF Scenera and FF CA puzzle nicely together. So does a FF MR with a FF CA. Could you use the AO RF for your son?
Or your could try FF MR, FF AO, RF CA or switch the MR to the middle and AO outboard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC