Need booster help for my nephew

momtoo3

My nephew is 4 1/2 and tiny. He is only 34 pounds but has a long torso. He is about to outgrow his (my) Evenflo Chase (has about 1/2-3/4 of an inch of torso growth left) in BIL's car. BIL was going to buy him a literider but I talked him out of it. I told him to get a Maestro but he wants a booster and is not going to be talked out of it. I have never been a fan of the TB because of the small headwings and head slump when my kids sleep. I have 3 choices right now besides the old (current) style TB. I can try to get a Harmony Dreamtime from Menards on Friday when they are on sale for $19.99, I can save for a Vivo and give it to him for his birthday, or I can wait for the new TB to come out and try that. I bought a Dreamtime for ds2 last year but wasn't very impressed with it. I can't remember why exactly but remember it felt a little flimsy. I know it is rated a best bet. I don't remember what the headwings were like compared to the TB. I just got a Vivo for ds2 that he loves so I am kind of partial to it but it is definitely more expensive. I think I can swing it by his birthday though. I remember thinking the new TB was nice when I looked at it here and it was supposed to be a little cheaper than a Vivo. So what would you do? Talking him out of a booster is not going to happen so I want to buy him the safest one I can.

ADS

cookie123

At least try to get him to keep him in the harness until it's completely outgrown. The turbo booster fits little kids well. How about the vivo. Maybe show him the NHSTA recs.

momtoo3

I tried to show him the recs. He didn't want to see them. He will be keeping him harnessed until it is outgrown. He was going to buy the Literider but agreed that I could buy him a hbb instead if it would make me happy. DN will be closer to 5 when he outgrows the harness but is so tiny it worries me.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
He's the same age as my twins...and he is heavier then the smaller of my 2. Yeah, he's tiny. Anyways, I've tried him in the ProBooster just to see how he fit, and I have to say, he fit beautifully. The only thing I dislike about the ProBooster is not being allowed to lock the belt. I find it helpful when kids first begin booster training.

momtoo3

I know the probooster can't have the belt locked. That is why I didn't keep the one I had for ds2. He needed the belt locked for a while to stay in position while sleeping. Can the Vivo? I looked through the manual but didn't see anything. I am wondering since they are both Recaro. Also does anyone know if the Dreamtime or TB can have the belt locked? My TB is in my mom's car along with the manual.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC